Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round For Sale - Fermoy, Cork, Southern Ireland

Njones

This may be a little premature, but I expect rounds in Ireland to sell a bit slower than in the UK, so i'm putting the word out early!

I'm planning a move next year, and will be selling up my current round including my van & all equipment and setting up a new round from scratch in my new town with a shiny new van & setup.
cool.png

The round is well established, some of the residential work was my father in laws & has been on the books for 20 years now! I am passing a small bit of work onto a friend, but last year the section that I'm selling earned €32,700 which comprised of:

€17200 of regular commercial work, all established 3 years or more and all working out about €50 an hour.

€10,000 of residential, all well established

€5500 of extra's - gutter cleans, pressure washing etc.

I did turn down a lot of gutter cleaning work because I don't have a gutter vac, so there definitely an easy way to expand these earnings if you wish.

The van isn't anything special, a 2001 Peugeot boxer (Great 1500kg payload!) with 72k on the clock. 4 new tyres and its going for its DOE today which I expect it to pass with flying colours. The usual small bumps & scratches you'd expect from a van that age, but nothing serious, never been crashed etc. Roof rack & set of double ladders included.

Fitted is a 650 litre diy system, with a Fogwash heater and a frost protect flow controller. SLX-18 and CLX-27 along with a 35' fishing pole & a harris pole I use for trad. There's a couple of brushes in there which would be great for a new starter. There's a 400gpd pumped RO unit (New membranes 2 weeks ago) and two 19 litre DI vessels.

Also included is a fimap minny 420 battery powered (24v) floor scrubber dryer which is very handy for 2 of the commercial contracts, and a loncin 13hp petrol pressure washer with electric start and 50mtrs of hose.

On top of all that, i'll sort out enough trad gear to get you going & the usual spare fittings etc for the pole system.

I'll take you out & introduce you to every customer, give you a weeks training if you're a new starter etc, and do everything I can to make the transition smooth & painless.

So, €33k of work, vehicle & all the tools & equipment needed to do the job. I would like to sell it in one big lump for the sake of simplicity,.. but if there's no interest after a couple of months i may consider splitting it - but I've no deadline for this move so can wait a little while.

Asking price is €25k - give me a call on 086 8240556 to discuss (from the uk its 0044 86 8240556). Nathanael

If you sell it for that you could relocate by a new van and a round worth the same for that amount of money and still have money left over
Thats the plan. /emoticons/smile.png

The extra's are fairly regular extra's - about 1/3rd of my chsties get me to empty gutters & clean fascia & soffit every year (I charge €130 for a 3 bed semi) and half of them get me to pressure wash their driveways too.

I also get a good few extra's from the commercial jobs - whenever there's a visit from head office they'll want extra's doing.

I figure this is perfect for someone who has just got redundancy & wants the whole package ready to go - most ppl with a bit of experience in this industry would just go canvassing,.. but there's plenty who simply can't hack it & would prefer to buy it as a package.

Sub it out? Employ?

£25k is a lot of money.. To pay for a window cleaning round..

::::::Moving to chit chat
I spoke to a local business advice group & thats what they reckon its worth. I think it was based on 7 months earnings + equipment costs,... to be honest I was expecting him to say a bit less, around the 20k mark.

Why dont you put it in classifeld It will not cost nothing and you can have it on for as long as you like and it is free .Good luck sounds a good round

I spoke to a local business advice group & thats what they reckon its worth. I think it was based on 7 months earnings + equipment costs,... to be honest I was expecting him to say a bit less, around the 20k mark.
Its a big risk I think. How much of the works in under contract?

No formal contracts - just goodwill (I've yet to meet a cleaner in Ireland with a written contract) - aparently if I'd had written contracts I could have added 10K to the price!!

tbh it does sound expensive, 33k divided by 12 is 2,750 a month, so id say as its well established you could ask 5x that, which = 13,750, vans worth about a grand, all your equipment and bits and bobs you could maybe add another 2grand to that, so thats 16,750 total, your asking for an extra 8 and a half thousand for what exactly?

Equipment worth 2k??

Equipment cost new would be approx 8k (The scrubber dryer alone would cost £2200 to replace), van is worth 2k - I was thinking half that @ 5k. I was told by the business adviser that the work alone is worth just shy of 20k.

Prices are way different in Ireland - especially for the commercial work which is all weather (A lot of it is indoors) and brings in over €50 an hour on average.

if it cost 8k new then i would guess you could probably pick it all up secondhand for 2k if you looked about?

is work normally more expensive in ireland then? i thought it would have been less tbh?

and also, a business advisor?lol, the going rate IS upto 5x the monthly value, thats what people pay for good, profitable work, so what a 'business advisor' with no experience in this business valued your work at is hardly relevant compared to what window cleaning work ACTUALLY sells for, you dont have to agree, but if you post a round on a window cleaning forum you will get differing opinions, and this is mine im afraid

You're probably right,.. but I'm in no rush, so can afford to advertise it at a high price & lower it later if no one shows interest.

This guy was telling me that many businesses are sold for the value of 1 years turnover (Turnover, not even profit!),.. but that mine was worth less because of lack of written contracts etc etc.

cool, if you can hold out and get the best price for you then great! but id say that yes many businesses can be sold for a years turnover, but generally not window cleaning rounds, id say at least half that, good luck in the sale though, hope it goes well for you

To be honest I reckon I could relocate with a good bit less,.. but the more I get for my old round the better my new van & kit will be. /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back