Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I felt sorry for the old guy...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I had a phone call on Friday afternoon from an emotional man in his seventies. He had arranged with a window cleaner to have his conservatory roof cleaned. The roof is 5 sheets of poly carbonate type sheeting. Forming a lean-to off his rear wall. The window cleaner had quoted £90 to clean said roof but when he/she turned up they insisted that they had under-quoted and now wanted £180. The old guy was a tad upset by this, and they fell out. The window cleaner drove away.

I reluctantly agreed to go and take a look, but once there saw that this was an easy clean, so agreed to match the original quote. The guy was delighted and started asking to add work at the additional cost. The three glass sides of the conservatory, a gable fascia, a short piece of guttering, an over door porch, some upvc cladding etc. In all, a final bill of £250.

I went there today as agreed and completed the work by 2pm, he paid and was very happy. Sometimes it pays to put yourself out a bit.

Nice. I think it takes experiences like that to make people appreciate the good tradesmen. That said, it would be interesting to hear the other guys side of the story, there might be more to it.

Nice. I think it takes experiences like that to make people appreciate the good tradesmen. That said, it would be interesting to hear the other guys side of the story, there might be more to it.
Yes indeed, I only have one side of the story.

Although I do know the other company and have had a few disgruntled ex-customers of theirs contact me of late.

I really don't know in truth, but he happily paid me.

£90 for 5 sheet of polycarb sound like less than an hour even if really green, why on earth would he need 180 for that?

unless im picturing it wrong i would have been about £40 for the roof

Back