Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners red fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

On their website it says use for superlite and sill brush range anyone tried them on any of there other brushes? and if you do do you take the pencil jets out and replace in the same holes or can you leave the pencil jets in and place them In and place them in the inner holes, as I wanted to try them in my ultimate flock brush, for when I'm doing connie roofs and fascias.

What's the other holes on the gardiners brushes for then, next to the pencil jets? See attached

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

all the jets can be used in any gardiners brush , the fans will go in a pencil jet hole but they make the hole bigger so you can't put pencils back in the same hole

Thanks lads, looking at my brush may have to cut a tiny bit of bristles just so the jets can fan, going orders some bits nexts also going to swap the jets out on my sill brush to fans as only using that now on first cleans, Connie gutters etc.

Any bristles that get in the way can be pulled out at the root Den. But you shouldn't have to if you use the outer holes for the fans and the inner ones for the pencils.

If you want to remove the brass pencils, find an old screw driver with a shaft a little smaller than the jet (3.5 - 4mm), cut the blade off and file the end flat. You can use this to remove them by pressing them out. They will likely require a tap with a small hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Mark I take it that's how yours is configurated as I remember you saying that you use them i want to have both inserted at the same time, I have no experience with them only read that most prefer pencils for the glass and fans for gutters etc, do you think that they will work just as well on the inner holes?

It's probably more a matter of personal preference. I tried the inner ones but my preference is the outer ones. You will have to pull bristles with the inner ones though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back