Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hire your own canvasser?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

Would that be a good idea? If so, where can i advertise it? Im thinking paying that person x2 amount whatever the job is worth

I have considered this, the main issue I have is that a bad canvasser can badly damage your reputation.

So true Diwrnach. My locale is often swarming with gangs of spotty youths, battering each other with clipboards while shouting obscenities in between the odd, 'Kneeda winna clinner mate/ darlin?' Even if i fail to see them i know they've been, by the amount of phlegm left up the the pavement. Not really what you want is it Then there's their failure to consider the logistics of the job they've just called at. Best do it yourself i say. My phlegm is as good as any man's !

As it happens, now this is a first for me, a couple of months back i attempted to contact two canvassing firms ( no names ) who are quite highly rated. This was via their very own website contact forms.Well......i've heard nothing back in reply, so that makes me £5,000 better off. I must have had a lazy period. To hell with 'em.

Have you paid a deposit to the canvassing company

Are they trading as a Ltd company

Have they got a business address ?

What I'm trying to get at is do you know who you passed your deposit money to ?

Honestly its a little bit of a punt but they have been used by a few others on the forum with good success.

Honestly its a little bit of a punt but they have been used by a few others on the forum with good success.

So did they just give you some account numbers to pay some money into ?

What's the name of the person who you paid the money to and who will be canvassing for you

You actually want to know or want to know if I know? I do indeed, there is a thread where we talk about this and who we are using etc

Thanks

I appreciate they have been discussed briefly and they advertise on eBay etc.

But what are the specifics as they seem to be a bit vague

What's the name of the person who is offering the canvassing service.... I don't see why the name and address details are not readily available ?

I suppose it can just make people a little suspicious about people asking for monies up front when they don't show a business address or personal name. I tried calling them a few times today on the number on their website but it always goes through to a bit of a strange answering service ?

Cheers

I h

And who are we talking about Leicester ? Usual suspect ?
I did not have anyone in particular in mind however I do remember some years back people being twirled.

It's unfortunate the canvassing industry although has some absolutely great service providers there are also more cowboys than the wild west

What i might do is this, approach few canvassing companies and see if i can convince them to take me on as a client. Btw, i backed out from happy canvassing because they didn't want to provide prove of ID and i didn't want to give deposite to someone i don't know

In my opinion, (just one of which I have many and most choose to ignore) I would not consider hiring someone to canvass for me.

By that statement, I mean that if you advertised for a canvasser on something like facebook or gumtree etc you are going to end up with all sorts of dweebs that can't even get a job moping the floor a MickeyDs.

If I were going the canvasser route I would talk to the lads here, only approach the ones that come recommended.

If I were to canvass for someone, the money side would come post results, I would probably charge more, at least 2.5 cleans but base it on no payment upfront, so you are only paying for the actual customers at the end of the day, and the reason I would charge more is I would be gambling my money alone, travel, accommodation for the duration etc.

If canvassers worked like that I would possibly hire one tomorrow, if they think they are so good they should be paid, then they should be willing to put their proverbial 'money where mouth is'

I think if I was gonna canvass for someone that's how I would do it.

As mentioned at the stat, just my opinion!

I think all things considered it better to just do it yourself. Finding someone, waiting for them to turn up, paying a load of money out sifting the all the **** they get you, bad access, **** payers, messers, getting them to replace drop outs or refund.

Ive had nothing but a ballache with canvassers, all that time spent ******* about i could have been banging on doors myself and have a full round now.

To prove a point i went out for 3 hours canvassng today. picked up "only" two custies and got told to **** off once for good measure, but it cost me nowt.

Thought about advertising local as well but still got to place the add, find someone decent and pay him, again fookin about.

plan from now on for me is clean, canvass, cull, repeat until ive enough work to go full time, canvassing is shite might as well just get it over with.

Back