Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Pole hose tangled

The main reason the pole hose gets tangled in the first place is because it gets twisted. I've been looking for something for ages that would be like a hose joiner but twist freely to allow the twists and kinks to remove themselves. Only problem its got to be watertight and very free spinning. Like the Ez snap connectors but they don't twist easily. If it was in line after the tap then it wouldn't need to handle high pressure either. Don't think there's anything like it out there though.

The reason the hose twists is because most of us work in circles. We don't think we do but the reality is we do. We seem to favour turning one way over the other most of the time. I'm right handed and tend to turn to the right most of the time. Therefore during the day our hose becomes more and more wound up. Sooner or later this manifests as coiling up off the floor or twisting itself together, either of which is undesirable for obvious reasons.

The key, I've found, is to try to keep from turning the same direction most of the time, or just remember to turn the pole in the opposite direction to any turn I make. So holding the pole upright (brush at the top), whenever I turn to the right for example, I'll turn the pole one turn the opposite way. It takes a little practice but when you get it right it can save a lot of time and frustration untangling knotted hoses or when coiling up your hose or when reeling in.

I still find occasionally I don't think to do it and then I just disconnect the hose at the base of the pole and untwist the hose and reconnect before it gets to crazy.

Had to fix my bros exceed blue hose, proper kink bedded into it, ended up stretching it out and pouring boiling water on it and then cold, stretched it a bit but seems to have helped

I find when it gets twisted i just have to give the pole a good few turns anti clockwise

That takes all the kinks out and i start again

I work with Backpacks and about 15 meters of Rhino attached to PU hose which goes up to a fully extended Pole to operate a Univalve I find the Hose twiists when snagged on fences, gates and car tyres basically it bunches up I disconnect it when possible to relieve pressure build up in the Hose that helps when the hose is soft, Rhino Tube has a rubber like feel it's not perfect but is the best I've found.

One of my mates blue exceed has went the same twisted and kinked he reckons its caused threw the univalve the problem is when pole hose is going threw the pole the rest of hose is getting twisted and curled up causing it to kink ,he is now went back to using tap back on pole just wondering if anyone else is having these problems ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This forum is all about opinions, my opinion of that gardiner reinforced pole hose is that it's heavy, awkward stuff. I wind the blue exceed pole hose onto my reel and never disconnect it from my pole. It's not perfect, but the best of a bad bunch I.m.o

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum is all about opinions, my opinion of that gardiner reinforced pole hose is that it's heavy, awkward stuff. I wind the blue exceed pole hose onto my reel and never disconnect it from my pole. It's not perfect, but the best of a bad bunch I.m.o
the problem with my second batch could be that it is o clipped to a reducer where as on my own reel it has the exceed tubeless so as someone mention it can rotate with this and clearly hasn't with it being o clipped

Back