Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pre Filters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

I only use DI as our ppm out off the tap is 90 , noticed some van systems have pre filters before the di vessel, are they worth getting?? will they save resin?? would i be better off getting another di vessel and using that?? if i get them what kind are the best, any help appreciated /emoticons/biggrin.png

I see, i was under impression i didnt need an ro system for my ppm , varies between 86 and 90 , the di is taking it down too 0 but i aint cleaning large amounts yet, dont really want to go down ro route yet anyway, like too keep it simple at first.

If you decide to stick with the DI route, make sure you have two inline. That way you get the most out of your resin.

Damo is talking about sediment and a carbon prefilter, if using these make sure you flush before you use them or you will waste the resin needlessly.

10 or 20 do not really matter 10's imo are the cheaper (just have to charge a little more often)

Hi Ian.

No I am talking about running two DI's in line. And swapping about to get the max out of resin.

Donny must know about it as he's mentioned it /emoticons/smile.png

I use twin di at 270ppm... Works great and is perfect for me as I live in a flat and so can fill up in a few mins from customers tap....

I've thought about using prefilters as well though but not sure of the effectiveness...

Toby how much water u using every 4 weeks and whats the total cost ?

A 80 kwid resin bag will last me 5-6 weeks earning me about 1400 kwid

Thanks lads, i'll probably just get another DI then and keep it at house for filling up so that when filling at house i have two inline and keep the one in van for custies house topping up if i need too.

Probably on adverage using 150lts a day lasting about the same (6weeks).

I have this job every 6weeks that when I was just trad I had someone help me as took ages but now I can do it on my own using wfp so that pays for the resin on its own and I get to use the wfp for loads of other work as well... (Hope that makes sense)

H, are you gonna get a bigger system at some point or like the way your doing it?

Thanks lads, i'll probably just get another DI then and keep it at house for filling up so that when filling at house i have two inline and keep the one in van for custies house topping up if i need too.
Only thing I'd suggest is not filling up unless your using twin di as it kills the resin so much quicker. I carry both di's on the van all the time...

I'll see iff i need to fill up at custies house and if happening lots i'll probably put 2nd one in van ( im sure i'll be ok the tank is 650 litre) just starting off so i imagine oill be lucky to use 650 litre a week at first lol

Back