Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Goose neck query

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

I was wondering if the Gardiner 10" 55deg carbon g/neck,would be a nice everyday attachment for my 18ft pole I use a longer shanked resi neck with angle arm already,but find I can drop s/lite brush onto the sill,and as I no longer work with a swivel(attachment,not my hips)can give the sill a good scrub without adjusting the angle.The longer reach is good for doing side windows,when up a tight ally.Any thoughts please,thanks

I've used the 10" 55 degree carbon goosenecks for a few years now on my Extreme 35. 

I wouldn't be without one tbh.

They do wear away at the Quick Lock bit though, just had a new one delivered today. Have gone through a few over the years. Definitely recommend them though ?

Ihavent a gardiner pole at the minute,but iam due to get a new pole in the next few days.Wear away at the quick lock you say,is that because off extra leverage due to the 10".My work is domestic I might have a problem with it getting in the way doing ground floor,Ohh dear what to do

Ihavent a gardiner pole at the minute,but iam due to get a new pole in the next few days.Wear away at the quick lock you say,is that because off extra leverage due to the 10".My work is domestic I might have a problem with it getting in the way doing ground floor,Ohh dear what to do
I use it for 95% domestic and there are no problems at all on the ground floor. It’s my standard go-to gooseneck, I only switch to a longer one when I need to for deeper recessed windows (which, in reality, is once a month).

I was wondering if the Gardiner 10" 55deg carbon g/neck,would be a nice everyday attachment for my 18ft pole I use a longer shanked resi neck with angle arm already,but find I can drop s/lite brush onto the sill,and as I no longer work with a swivel(attachment,not my hips)can give the sill a good scrub without adjusting the angle.The longer reach is good for doing side windows,when up a tight ally.Any thoughts please,thanks
Good evening @Diamond geezer. May I ask why you no longer use a swivel?

Ive started using one this week. Think it’s ok for tight angles (obviously), however not so good when swiping the sills. It tends to flip all over the gaff.

Ive been WFP 2years,watched many utubes,and thought the swivel was a must have.Scott Denning mentioned in a conversation,he preferred not using one,this was intriguing.i had noticed that on frames the corner of bays,i would slip of lacking control and also here and there lack control.i took the swivel of after aprox 2yrs use,and wow,realised where scott was coming from.Far more control,icould aply more preasure cleaning sills,not needing my x/line sill brush which I also thought was a must,in faver of a12" super lite dual trim some one had given me,and by simply turning the brush sideways could easily wash side windows on a bay,even when close to a fence.However I wont bin it because on rare occasions when its really tight I might need it.

Latest Posts

Back