Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

changeover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Slowly but surely introducing the wfp to my customers , having a nightmare with a few but have just asked them to tell me if there is any problems and il call back and go over the windows for them , customer sent me this saying it's streaked at the bottom? To me it just looks like condensation

View attachment 5503

That's either a blown unit, dirty glass at the bottom or as some windows have a kind of stain at the bottom and always repels the water. Give it a good scrub with a cloth, failing that some Winsol and try and bring it back to life.

Slowly but surely introducing the wfp to my customers , having a nightmare with a few but have just asked them to tell me if there is any problems and il call back and go over the windows for them , customer sent me this saying it's streaked at the bottom? To me it just looks like condensation
Is it external or internal ( between the air gap of the two panes)?

Last edited:
So I called back today and there wasn't even dust on the window, if anything the insides was dusty , the customer wasn't in so if she rings back il just say I went over it traditional , If I'm honest the whole house was gleaming, and it only gets done every 2 months. When I first got my wfp I cleaned that house with it and she wasn't in, I had went back that night for the money and they where all water spotted and she didn't notice, seems to be when you tell them or they are there they look for any excuse lol

If it was as easy I would, when I just started she got me a lot of work and I clean her daughters and all now, also tips well at Christmas lol

We just do them now. When we started we had to explain to every person how wfp worked as the majority of our customers had never heard of it. Now we don't bother.

Once you start to get into discussions you can spend hours with them and they aren't paying you to do that. You will be able to see if the first clean is good enough or not with a visual check. The moment you ask them to check you will be there all day.

I believe our job is to clean the windows to an acceptable standard. In most instances our standards are higher than the customer's expectations. We occasionally get the odd complaint, but the last genuine one was about 3 years ago. The rest have either been inside or a blown unit with issues between the glass.

Yea when I tried to explain to her before I started I went on about the resin and she looked at me as if to say aye dead on . One customer said she didn't want the water lieing on her frames, I felt like saying wtf do you do when It rains

Yea when I tried to explain to her before I started I went on about the resin and she looked at me as if to say aye dead on . One customer said she didn't want the water lieing on her frames, I felt like saying wtf do you do when It rains
Once you get a uni valve you will be able to switch the flow off and run the brush along the sill. However, water will always accumulate on the sill long after you have left. It will come via old seals that let water past them and slowly drain out through the gap between the sill and the lower window frame.

Its difficult when you are starting off, but you really don't need customers that come up with stupid issues like that. When you are new you unfortunately pick up the dross that other cleaners have dumped. Customers never learn. We held onto some of our 'issue' customers for much longer than we should have. They ended up 'draining' us. The old CIU formula - canvass, clean, cull = the 3 C's.

To be honest spruce it's not really a stupid issue. If you been cleaning my windows trad & suddenly changed methods & that appeard I also would think its the new method. I've had that on first clean wfp & I thought it was just coz first clean with it & it's dried at the bottom with all the dirt on it. I've rubbed it over & it disappears. Customer has to me every right to wonder what it is. They remember don't know windows like we are spose to.

To be honest spruce it's not really a stupid issue. If you been cleaning my windows trad & suddenly changed methods & that appeard I also would think its the new method. I've had that on first clean wfp & I thought it was just coz first clean with it & it's dried at the bottom with all the dirt on it. I've rubbed it over & it disappears. Customer has to me every right to wonder what it is. They remember don't know windows like we are spose to.
Yeah Posh. I guess you are right; especially when changing over from one method to another.

I've forgotten how much of a pain it was trying to explain how wfp worked to new/existing customers 10 years ago. I'm also getting too old and grumpy to be bothered tbh. Its really a major effort for me to be out cleaning windows at the moment, so I haven't the energy to debate the pros and cons of cleaning methods with a new customer. Nowadays we quote and if the quote is accepted then we clean. We don't tell them how we clean.

We have only had one in the last few years that came running out to tell us we weren't to use that pole thingy. She wanted it done properly. Bid her farewell because we don't clean windows properly any more. /emoticons/smile.png

We did a customer's windows for 4 years before she realised we didn't dry them off. She happened to be home that day. Always happy with the clean when we collected that Friday evening. Got cancelled in favour of a trad cleaner who now walks over their tiled extension to clean the bathroom and toilet window. I smile every time I clean in the street. Nice couple though.

Now a days it's basically the standard cleaning method in my opinion, I do enjoy traditional and I would argue that it is a better job and can be quicker for some houses , iv had wfp just over a year and a half and I'm starting to use it on a few flats or houses with Georgin windows and I'm kicking myself that I didn't use it sooner

Back