Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any suggestions on cracking property management company's

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark macca

Hi all I have been doing some digging and found a lot of the new flats round my way and a few other little estates are all ran by a property management company is it worth contacting them or am I better off just knocking on the individual doors thanks far all the advice so far people like me are lucky to have people who've such a vast expiriance to be able to talk to my old boss just sent me out and told me nuffing just what to clean and a time sheet he arrange all payments and quotes

This is the sort of work I love. Turn up once a month. Clean a small block of flats in an hour. Sling an invoice in the post for a £60

I no I did some work for sapphire property management in Chelmsford for my old boss we did 3 sites spent 2 days a month there just pulled up and cracked on always got a bonus that week he just have been killing it there

I'm sure that your right I've not seen many in my area tho even when I look on yel.com there dost seem to be many locally we see but thank u I will defiantly do as you say and drop a few emails to them

ask about if you can. i got diddled by a property firm tother year. altho i got my revenge later i still hate em

by coincidence i got chatting to one of the firms subbies only last week. he was painting . i really wanted to tell him what theyr like,but i held back case he was the bosses dad /uncle

Can't fault u I'd take it personal also, I have been looking into firms so yes I will defo research them b4 hand properly thanks for the word of warning tho tossheads tho rele takes mick thay get payed so much for doing not a lot ud thought thay would pay there tradesmen well as ontime what are thay without them can't see them office jockeys up a ladder doing it no offence if any1 works I a office but most dnt wana get hands dirty

Clean the managers / staffs residential windows for free.......the full works as a one off - sometimes a regular clean depending on how much £ is involved in it all.

Works a treat down here with management companies & estate agents

I guess it worth a try Monday morning I have a list as long as my arm of pubs, cafés, restaurants, property management company's, letting agents, hotels, care homes, and 10000 leaflets to deliver and a new pair of trainers as I'm sure I guna be on my feet constantly for the next few weeks pounding the streets of barking, ilford, Romford thanks I'm sure I an do a cheeky offer to reel them in if it's worth the long term thank you will post how I get on as and when I get results

I'm sure I an do a cheeky offer to reel them in
All a lower price will do is get you low priced work. Persistance is key to these places.

Get their email and send an intro email. Then a fortnightly 'newsletter' about what you're up to, jobs in your area include before and after pics, no one reads stuff now, they look at the pics first then read.

Then follow up with monthly calls ' Hello John, just doing the rounds, seeing if there are any odd jobs I can put in a quote for?'

Unless you want to be the guy they call cause they want the cheapy mug then it is persistance and 90% timing. If you call on a morning when they have a job come in not yet allocated that's normally your foot in the door. Do a good job on the first and then you're normally first call for the next.

I do a lot of work for managment companies and care homes and it can be a hard area to get in to.Most are no longer looking for cheap quotes as these normally bring in poor work and complaints.

Most of mine are in contract and even when they have gone for tender I have retained them.The ones I do are also very,very hot on health and safety and insurance.

I had someone go in on a small commercial just last week at 50% lower than my price and I still kept it.Service is starting to become important.

I am not saying that you will be cheaper my point is it's a hard market to get in to.if I was starting out and needed work quick at this time of year residential will see more jobs and money come in.thats not to say it's not out there but finding commercial can be hard.

Best of luck.

Thank you to both of you very wise words persistence is going to be key and I no u goto go in with a good price all jobs I had been on have been hot on Health and safety I have been on courses and I no how to to a risk assessment and I'm insured will just keep at it

My partner works for bupa at a home near me she's always banging on about how dirty her office windows are so she spoke to the manager and he wants me to pop in with a quote I've got a price in mind so Monday afternoon il let you no the price and if I got it or not I'm looking for 25 pound a hour ASAP I'm need going to be a millionaire but I think 25 notes a hour is a fair rate for me

I do a lot of work for managment companies and care homes and it can be a hard area to get in to.Most are no longer looking for cheap quotes as these normally bring in poor work and complaints.Most of mine are in contract and even when they have gone for tender I have retained them.The ones I do are also very,very hot on health and safety and insurance.

I had someone go in on a small commercial just last week at 50% lower than my price and I still kept it.Service is starting to become important.

I am not saying that you will be cheaper my point is it's a hard market to get in to.if I was starting out and needed work quick at this time of year residential will see more jobs and money come in.thats not to say it's not out there but finding commercial can be hard.

Best of luck.
Some very valid pointers there. I have started to move from residential and now only pitch large industrial jobs the one thing I did find was that a quote on it's own didn't cut it.

The first time I put in a quote with a full Method Statement and Risk Assessment, contract pricing options and proof of insurance (emailed and also delivered by hand to their contact in hard and folder this was some 42 pages total) I got the job as they were impressed with my presentation and attention to details. I later found out that I was 30% more expensive than the other quotes but had presented a professional service instead of just a quote emailing in a price as the others had.

Food for thought.

Thank you with the bupa job I've goto be spot on with it as it could possibly lead to greater things I'm not just in it to make money and retire I the winter I've had 5 winters at it already I no I can make a life for me and my kids for myself and I have to say that u are spot on I no I've goto be more professional than the average joe to crack the big jobs 4 years ago I couldn't read or write I learnd to make my kids life's better that's also y I'm going it alone I've got the work expiriance just not the buisness sence i no what I need to do the work just never had to find it but life is 1 big learning curve and I just trying to learn all I can

I guess it worth a try Monday morning I have a list as long as my arm of pubs, cafés, restaurants, property management company's, letting agents, hotels, care homes, and 10000 leaflets to deliver and a new pair of trainers as I'm sure I guna be on my feet constantly for the next few weeks pounding the streets of barking, ilford, Romford thanks I'm sure I an do a cheeky offer to reel them in if it's worth the long term thank you will post how I get on as and when I get results
keep us all posted on how you get on,i like reading that stuff . hope yer trainers are comfy!

Thanks for all the help last week quick update I have now picked up a set of sore feet a small block of flats 5 to be exact a bp station and ten houses in the local area I'm getting calls for quotes often and now I've posted thousands o leaflets I will be re running my route in the nxt week door bashing and hopefully pick up a lot more I also have a few other shops local to me been cheeky going into said hairdressers with 1 child while getting he's hair cut pushing them to take my leaflet then takeing nxt child to nxt hairdressers and so forth I have 5 kids so been to a few hair dressers and sweet shops kebab houses ad ud be surprised at how many people are In a bp garage at 6 in the morning the chap let me put a leaflet in the window and a stack of cards on the counter but again thanks for all advice I'm sure I may have the odd few questions yet

Back