Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing somebody

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mhindlewcs

Just wondering what would be the best way to employ somebody, I currently work 5 days on my own pretty much full round I usually get someone in 1 or sometimes 2 days a week when I fall behind due to weather or whatever.

Looking to buy a good round but want the right one in the right area and around earn 2k and monthly then I could take someone on full time but struggling to find the right one for me. My other options are hiring a canvasser??

Thoughts please ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just wondering what would be the best way to employ somebody, I currently work 5 days on my own pretty much full round I usually get someone in 1 or sometimes 2 days a week when I fall behind due to weather or whatever. Looking to buy a good round but want the right one in the right area and around earn 2k and monthly then I could take someone on full time but struggling to find the right one for me. My other options are hiring a canvasser??

Thoughts please ?

Sounds like you've done the hard work and built your round. Now focus on the big picture and use a canvasser (a good one that represents your company in the right light) or get lucky and buy some rounds if they come up.

We're window cleaners/ gutter cleaners etc... your trying to become a boss. You can't do everything... just cos I got equipment to wash my vans I still go to a car wash?! Canvassing is a full time job if you want to do it properly... you can't be a boss, run a company, be a window cleaner etc... do your rotas... text all customers... etc etc etc AND be a canvasser... but then I guess there's different course's and all that... [emoji848].. I'm sure some people think canvassing is one of our own duties.. but not if you wanna grow... focus on finding good staff.. that BY FAR is the hardest problem you'll encounter! [emoji30][emoji85][emoji23]

I would pay a canvasser and leafletter, Web guy, ad words etc whatever you find the best R.O.I

Put all your prices up, get new customers, raise prices. once the prices start to push back them you've hit the threshold.

Then employ part time, buold slowly get him canvassing when no work.

Keep advertising and employing until infinitum.

Job done

Back