Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner super scraper. Yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I totally sanded mine down as mentioned before if the new ones have those raised lines on just sand them down completely mine has never jammed since , The only way I managed to remove mine before sanding down was to put it in a bench vice otherwise I would never have managed to remove it .

The Quick-LoQ system has been out since 2012 and there are 100,000s different Quick-LoQ parts being used by customers every day with no problems. There are however various reasons why someone may be having an issue with their Quick-LoQ system:

1. Old and worn parts – Older nylon parts can expand with water absorption after years of use.

2. Part never taken out of a pole section until after many months of use

3. Hot/Cold environment

4. Tight tolerances and tolerance variation between Quick-LoQ parts, ie. Older male fitting with newer tighter brush socket

5. Individually faulty moulded part - occasionally parts can shrink at a varying rate when drying post moulding. This can lead to connection issues.

Fortunately it is usually fairly simple for us to help resolve any issues that a user is experiencing. Any client having a problem is treated on an individual basis as there are so many variables between parts being used and age of parts. Just drop an email to [email protected] or ring and leave a message on 01726 66400 and the Customer Service Team can advise. We are always able to assist with any of these types of issues.

As a couple of posters have already said, often a quick sandpaper of the male fitting can help. Obviously, we wouldn't expect a client to have to do this with a new part but it is often (not always) the combination of a new and old part that will cause any problem experienced.

Alex, what is the modification? I've got a few I'd like to use with my gooseneck taps

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services
Whilst they have not been designed to work together the following modification will allow them to be used together.

1. Using a hacksaw remove about half of the width from the locating nodule on the underside of the Scraper

2. Tighten the top clamp up about 1 turns tighter than usual

3. Assemble together - the scraper will be slightly looser then in standard use, but it is still usable.

To make it an even better fit you can also do the following:

4. On the gooseneck valve completely saw off the locating lug (only if you do not want to lock the gooseneck valve in the future) - this will allow the super-scraper and valve to sit tighter together and give a more secure fit.

What I have done is .

1/ Cut a slot in super scraper to fit over lug on gooseneck valve.

2/ Brought 2 1/2" rubber washers in plumbing dept of DIY shop for 85p .( That's 1/2" pipe fitting which is about 20 mm )

3/ Cut slot in rubber washers for lug on super scraper don't cut all the way across washer or they may drop off in use .

Have assembled valve seems to be working ok will try properly Monday at least if I don't like it can take off and none of other pole parts have been damaged .

Thanks for all your comments.

I'm going to use the super scraper without the abrasive pad only when needed on windows above ground floor.

Everything ground floor I will use traditional scraper blade.

Thanks guys

Back