Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Green house heater to stop tanks / pumps freezing, ( petrol pressure washer )

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rich C

Hi all,

I've just got myself a tube greenhouse heater to take the edge off the cold nights with regards to freezing tanks, pumps etc. However, I do have a petrol pressure washer in the van too and I'm now concerned on the saftey aspect if this with a thermostat clicking on/off etc.

Am I being too paranoid, should I just cover the back in duvets instead?

Thank you
Rich

Hi all,

I've just got myself a tube greenhouse heater to take the edge off the cold nights with regards to freezing tanks, pumps etc. However, I do have a petrol pressure washer in the van too and I'm now concerned on the saftey aspect if this with a thermostat clicking on/off etc.

Am I being too paranoid, should I just cover the back in duvets instead?

Thank you
Rich
Hi, matey i use a submersible aquarium heater at set about 35 celcius with a duvet cover over tank and heat generated has stopped pipes tank pump and reel freezing

Provided there is no spilt petrol or petrol fumes in the van it SHOULD be ok , I would try and keep the heater and the pw as far apart as possible.
Appreciate that, doesn't smell of fumes, no leaks etc. Think I'll get a duvet for the pw too and the heater in the back.

You shouldn’t need it your set up will have a frost stat , provided it’s set up correctly it will fire up as an when required
It was working great till I dropped a red hot bolt on the cable. Yesterday I decided to cut it and re-join it, then I found out its carbon fibre or something like that. Oliver sending me up another one but 4 week delay to get it. I wish I tried to fix it in the summer.

I think some PW have a drain tap so you can remove excess water so it can't freeze. Have a double check for any Water drains on it. Maybe if there isn't a drain you could open the pressure outlet if it has fitting that closes and then keep it on STOP and gently pull the engine over so the pistons in the pump push out any remaining water.
The less water that's still in the PW the less it can freeze!

It was working great till I dropped a red hot bolt on the cable. Yesterday I decided to cut it and re-join it, then I found out its carbon fibre or something like that. Oliver sending me up another one but 4 week delay to get it. I wish I tried to fix it in the summer.
Ian Shepard at spring can supply them as far as ime aware

They don’t accept card payments it has to be PayPal which is a pain but he’s very good ?
Just aswell i have been busy working till 10pm on other inside stuff because Oliver (Grippatank) sent my up a lovely Christmas present, a new Frost Stat cable and the rest of my stuff, free delivery. Expected to wait 4 weeks but he found one in the stock unit. You know what I will be fitting tomorrow morning, my new cable. One side plugs in and the other screws in so I will be taking my time. This is the very reason i don't like falling out with suppliers. ?

Just aswell i have been busy working till 10pm on other inside stuff because Oliver (Grippatank) sent my up a lovely Christmas present, a new Frost Stat cable and the rest of my stuff, free delivery. Expected to wait 4 weeks but he found one in the stock unit. You know what I will be fitting tomorrow morning, my new cable. One side plugs in and the other screws in so I will be taking my time. This is the very reason i don't like falling out with suppliers. ?
They take seconds to fit I am assuming you have two of them as with two controllers they usually have one each linked with a diode .

Ok ime no electrician but each controller has it own frost stat cable and sensor they are joined in the middle by a diode ,
I remember Oliver saying i had the new controller which was just out. I will take a look tomorrow when I'm freezing myself to death trying to fit the cable. Becoming addicted to cup a soup now just when there's a run on them in Morrisons.

I remember Oliver saying i had the new controller which was just out. I will take a look tomorrow when I'm freezing myself to death trying to fit the cable. Becoming addicted to cup a soup now just when there's a run on them in Morrisons.
I'm very sorry, and definitely not jealous, but you really do brown nose and talk utter :poop:

Latest Posts

Back