Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day of wfp soon, advice needed :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

OK I am taking delivery of all my WFP equipment to get me going tomorrow and aim on having it all set up for a change over next Monday morning.

This will be 4 new cleans, 2 of which are pretty big, the other 2 quite small, 2 others are houses I already clean and a new 3 story house, also one is for gutters but obviously not WFP related.

So any advice at all? I have been watching youtube videos on technique etc, but hoping you guys can give me some pointers.

This is the system I have ordered, only 100gpd RO and no pump, but the water pressure and flow in my house is unreal to be honest never known it as strong as this anywhere ever, so hoping it will be decent without a pump, I will upgrade this unit later, also only have 6 25 gallon barrels and 3 15 gallon barrels, hoping this will be enough, also I upgraded the pole to 5 sections which will I pray get me to the third floor windows and added a sill brush, which I know won't be great, but its all just to get me going.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131002153236?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Any and all advice most welcome.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a flow rate of over 2l a minute but I can clean twice as fast knowing that the rinse leaves no contaminants on the window. I would say take ur time to start with. Use the method that Perry from future of cleaning uses. Make sure the top frame is scrubbed and rinsed properly more than anything. Learn the technique thoroughly before u try to speed up, u will get faster without realising. I still think I take to long on houses but I haven't seen any other methods out there that work everytime.

Good luck

Also do the tops only on the 1st cleans so u don't use a lot of water and clean the bottoms traditionally. Won't take as long for a newbie

Hope this helps

OK I am taking delivery of all my WFP equipment to get me going tomorrow and aim on having it all set up for a change over next Monday morning.
This will be 4 new cleans, 2 of which are pretty big, the other 2 quite small, 2 others are houses I already clean and a new 3 story house, also one is for gutters but obviously not WFP related.

So any advice at all? I have been watching youtube videos on technique etc, but hoping you guys can give me some pointers.

This is the system I have ordered, only 100gpd RO and no pump, but the water pressure and flow in my house is unreal to be honest never known it as strong as this anywhere ever, so hoping it will be decent without a pump, I will upgrade this unit later, also only have 6 25 gallon barrels and 3 15 gallon barrels, hoping this will be enough, also I upgraded the pole to 5 sections which will I pray get me to the third floor windows and added a sill brush, which I know won't be great, but its all just to get me going.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131002153236?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any and all advice most welcome.
I'm not sure that is what @cheapncheerful has got? Take your time and rinse, rinse and rinse again. You'll be upgrading your gear in no time /emoticons/smile.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My best advice is that 100gpd ro you have will take forever to fill 25 ltr containers so best get yourself a large holding tank instead. Be it one or more water butts joined together or a chepo 1000 litre ibc tank so it can be left to run for hours night/day if need be. You have the option to use a di canister/tank to get it down to 000ppm before or after the holding tank/s. Just bear in mind that a 10 inch di canister the amount of resin it can hold which is a tiny amount soon gets exhausted very quickly.

Have you just started shinning glass??? Only thing I would of changed when I swopped over from trad to wfp is I should of bought a carbon fibre pole . Totally change my working day for the better ...

The only thing I would tell you be careful of windows with vents in the top I brush them without the flow, then wash the rest of the frame . Takes to long to stop dripping also I was getting small runs inside Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My best advice is that 100gpd ro you have will take forever to fill 25 ltr containers so best get yourself a large holding tank instead. Be it one or more water butts joined together or a chepo 1000 litre ibc tank so it can be left to run for hours night/day if need be. You have the option to use a di canister/tank to get it down to 000ppm before or after the holding tank/s. Just bear in mind that a 10 inch di canister the amount of resin it can hold which is a tiny amount soon gets exhausted very quickly.
Yeah I have two 250 gallon water buts linked, don't have a shut off valve for it yet, but will do.

So will cleans over my trad work come out OK first time? and brand new cleans? having never used WFP before I am still don't have much faith in it, and read a lot of complaints about first cleans and cleaning windows that have already been done trad for awhile.

The ro you have is close to mine and it's very slow and wastefull but saying that it's still a good buy , takes about 12 hours to fill my 100 gallon container I added another 1 ltr resin vessel to it and I get easy 4000 ltrs before I need to change my resin , the pole is the same as mine and I find it excellent and I would buy another when mine breaks , like already said do all upstairs pure and downstairs by hand until you get a idea of water usage, on my first cleans I do all upstairs first one clean concentrating on frame most then second clean glass and a good rince, good luck m8 hope you enjoy it /emoticons/smile.png

Cheers mate, yeah I am sure the RO unit won't be quick, but I am hoping to get somewhere close to the stated 100gallon a day, I'll just leave it on overnight, or on during the day when I am out.

Looking forward to it mate, while I don't mind going up ladders I like the idea of doing it less /emoticons/smile.png

I did start with wfp upstairs trad downstairs .. Then tench convinced me to go for it . Do the whole lot with water . Must admit I wasn't sure about it at first but I would got back now .. I still do 15% trad because some older windows will nt wfp

well if not convinced do what i do wfp first then trad check...well it takes seconds to get up a ladder and say hey...its clean.../emoticons/biggrin.png

well if not convinced do what i do wfp first then trad check...well it takes seconds to get up a ladder and say hey...its clean.../emoticons/biggrin.png
I still have the odd window that dries bad and it's not the water rather the glass and frame , I still wfp the breeders then just squeegee the water off

yes its funny but sometimes it does go wrong ..but when it goes right....so ..i keep my :specs:specs:specs on it..yep think its dirty frames that is the problem...

How do you find the RO unit mate? I have the same as you have coming, not sure what attachments it has to plumb it in etc.

when you start WFP mate you will never look back its the way to go,

water right

gd poles

gd brushes

your sorted

oh yes nearly forgot so much easier & safer

Back