Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning system

Hi Nigel

What your asking is a massively open question. Most people on here would advise building your own system from scratch it really isn't rocket science. Tank, pump, flow control, battery and hose pipe/reel is all you need, oh and a pole. There's loads of good stuff on the diy/tutorial section so have a good look through. Then you need to look at how your going to produce pure water or can you buy it locally. Might depend on your TDS so will need to buy a meter and test your water.

Hope that helps

Hi TWC

Thanks any help is appreciated I'm very new to this and trying to work out best way of starting up I've seen a few vans with systems but would like to build my own

I'm in the process of building my own Nigel, takes a lot of spondos but getting there and so I've heard from a lot of people it is the best way forward.. Seal your floor is the first thing with protectocoat as when you buy your van you don't want that floor to get holes in it from rust, then as above like twc said there's loads of good solid advice on the forums to get you where you need to be, best of luck! I'm just starting out too, got van pole and tank, tank is put aside from a decent fella (from this forum) lol so have a nose in the items for sale, do some research, knowledge is power !!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Hi NigelWhat your asking is a massively open question. Most people on here would advise building your own system from scratch it really isn't rocket science. Tank, pump, flow control, battery and hose pipe/reel is all you need, oh and a pole. There's loads of good stuff on the diy/tutorial section so have a good look through. Then you need to look at how your going to produce pure water or can you buy it locally. Might depend on your TDS so will need to buy a meter and test your water.

Hope that helps
As @TWC has said; first buy a genuine tds meter from a wfp supplier such as Daqua.co.uk or Gardiners. There are lots of fakes out there that don't work for long - false readings etc.

Your tds meter will be the foundation of your business and point you in the direction you need to go.

Back