Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day Rate For Jobbing Window Cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I go for £170 a day & pay my lad £40 which he is well happy with. We work between 8.30am - 15.00pm. So on that I would pay about £100 for £400 of work but also depends what area your in.

£7 per hour with a little bonus for good work, insentive is key if they want the bonus they will work there **** off and do a good job

£7 per hour with a little bonus for good work, insentive is key if they want the bonus they will work there **** off and do a good job
yer i would go with something like that!!

Some window cleaners pay their workers 40% of their days takings which is so stupid /emoticons/wacko.png

Why do that ?

Just pay them something like £7.00/£8.00 an hour !

If someone worked for me from 9-3 and he done a good job... id pay him 35 quid

Even if iearned £500.00 a day i wouldnt pay him more.

I go for £170 a day & pay my lad £40 which he is well happy with. We work between 8.30am - 15.00pm. So on that I would pay about £100 for £400 of work but also depends what area your in.
8:30 - 15:00 ?

I make sure im at my first house for 8:50 finish at 5. Well that is what im ment to do, i finish about 4 / half 4. I just have very short brakes

I make sure im at my first house for 8:50 finish at 5. Well that is what im ment to do, i finish about 4 / half 4. I just have very short brakes
brakes?? what are they?? lol my breaks are driving from job to job! lol

brakes?? what are they?? lol my breaks are driving from job to job! lol
Stuff that this jobs boring enough! Need at least a 20 min break even if it's doing paperwork/ invoicing. /emoticons/smile.png

Stuff that this jobs boring enough! Need at least a 20 min break even if it's doing paperwork/ invoicing. /emoticons/smile.png
that comes at home at night time, all my invoice are printed out the night before and so no need to worry about that! at the minute my days are leave at around 9 then back around 2-3 after around 20 houses done!

No breaks for me.... i might park up for 2 mins and make a phone call thats about it /emoticons/tongue.png

I make sure im at my first house for 8:50 finish at 5. Well that is what im ment to do, i finisIh about 4 / half 4. I just have very short brakes
15.00 is 3pm on the 24 hour clock!!!

a window cleaner working for somebody should earn 60 a day minimum, thats a fair wage, (35quid for a full days work H? F working for you!lol)

however id expect more if i was covering someone elses round for a week while their on holiday, thats not the same as working for them regularly as just a cleaner, you would have to deal with the customers, payments, books, plus you would have to drive, which also adds costs.

if you dont pay people fairly then you probably deserve to have your workers approaching your work for themselves

a window cleaner working for somebody should earn 60 a day minimum, thats a fair wage, (35quid for a full days work H? F working for you!lol)

however id expect more if i was covering someone elses round for a week while their on holiday, thats not the same as working for them regularly as just a cleaner, you would have to deal with the customers, payments, books, plus you would have to drive, which also adds costs.

if you dont pay people fairly then you probably deserve to have your workers approaching your work for themselves
35 / 37.50 is the rate if you working on the side here too. Thats why the can afford the keep there prices so low

thats ridiculous!lol i wouldnt get out of bed to clean windows for less than 50/60 a day, good, reliable window cleaners are hard to come by, and you wont come across many willing to work for so little, you definitely wont keep them

thats ridiculous!lol i wouldnt get out of bed to clean windows for less than 50/60 a day, good, reliable window cleaners are hard to come by, and you wont come across many willing to work for so little, you definitely wont keep them
One guys has 8 people working for that,(hes been established for 8 year) other window cleaner has 2, another guys has 4 maybe 3 now im not sure. If any of the others are stuck or need help they will get someone out to give them a hand, and they will get paid the same lol. Un-emploment is so high and people dont want to lose there dole money, there taking advatage of that.

Id pay 35 quid yeah but if i went on holidaybid let tgem keep all my takings /emoticons/smile.png

if you pay that to someone they would just leave you when they get enough experiance and they would just build their own round.

i wouldnt work a day for £35 would rather do it myself lol

best thing is if you have an apprentice's working with you you can pay them as little as £2.60 per hour!!! However, as skills develop, many employers tend to increase wages – in fact, research has found that apprentices earn an average of £170 net pay per week.

apprentice is good idea... a window cleaner down my end is taking one on he said a few weeks back the lads only 16 or something

Back