Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark2788

Insurance is up for renewal and wondered what type of insurance others had and a rough monthly idea of price?

Insurance is up for renewal and wondered what type of insurance others had and a rough monthly idea of price?
Are you talking Public liability? I've just renewed mine with Zurich for £51 a month.

Think they make the prices up as they go along. I was with Zurich last year 120 they charged me.

Got all mine with a-plan now. Had nightmare (still ongoing) November when some muppet wrote my car off. More than happy to pay a little extra for someone else to deal with any problems.

You haven't made it clear, are you talking public liability or van insurance?
Im guessing he's on about public liability... Maybe im wrong. And im guessing you're on about van?

Most insurance companies will not cover you if you damage something that you are cleaning, this is pretty useless IMO. I'm with Gleaming Insurance who do provide this sort of cover. I pay £15 a month. Fortunately I've never had to make a claim but I've heard on other forums that they are pretty good at paying up.

Im guessing he's on about public liability... Maybe im wrong. And im guessing you're on about van?
No. I'm on about public liability. If you haven't got it, then you should get it. It's insurance against damaging anyone's property, and also, if you injure any person with any of your equipment, you're covered usually up to one million. I never used to bother with it, but then there was a case where a window cleaner was sued by a customer for damaging his windows, and it cost him thousands. I wouldn't pay £51 a month for my van insurance!

I was talking public liability etc had aquic look and looks like it can be done for £15 a month, wondered is anyone has cover for standing on roofs etc or is that all part of theres? Some differ in that aspect and for a grad it's obviously quite important it's covered

I was talking public liability etc had aquic look and looks like it can be done for £15 a month, wondered is anyone has cover for standing on roofs etc or is that all part of theres? Some differ in that aspect and for a grad it's obviously quite important it's covered
It might be cheaper, but I've been with my company (Zurich) for about twenty years now.

Back