Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help! 8Mm Male Connector 5Mm Hose Lead

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Newtothegame

Hi guys, I recently bought a WFP with a 5mm hose and after bought a trolley but now I have a male adapter on that which is 8mm so without realising i've put myself in a sticky situation. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can make anything out of this situation?

you can get a tap on ebay for £14 ish, and choose which size hose barbs it has. with standard rectus fittings.

or you can just buy the othes connector you need, they come in 4mm, 5mm, 6mm,8mm are pretty common sizes

You can do this with some hoses and some will split. Dip the end hose in boiling hot water from kettle, leave for about a minute. Then push the male barb into the hose.

It may do the trick but I have had some split, it all depends on the quality of the hose

i miss read your original post i thought you had a 8mm hose and a 5mm hose you needed connectors for.

most people use the rectus 21 or also called eazy snap, good reliable connectors, get them off ebay £6 each with hose tail.

that pic looks like a rectus 21, so just buy the female from ebay with free shipping.

Gto, ive just looked and I already have the female connector and that goes on the trolley and connects to the 8mm hose fitting. the problem I have is the WFP hose won't go around the Male HP Pole Hose Fitting 8mm I have, its too small for it. So I want to know if there is another connector that will connect the two. I hope I'm making more sense.

I have hasd loads of people come to the shop asking if we stock the Brodex parts. I have a funny feeling they are not standard parts off the shelf. On the female push fit does it have writing on it , if it is a Rectus you can get the part locally. It should read Rectus 28 etc.. But probably may have nothing on it. Let me know and I'll give you the part number to look for.

if the hose is too small buy the right size connector, other wise you will end up with a mess of resized pipe and adapters

your best and probably easiest answer would be, buy a new male and female connectors.

Back