Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tips for creating a web page

petehughesy

im planning on creating my own web page using one.com, seems really easy to use, im not planning on making it mega extravagant, just listing were i am what i do all the basics etc.

What id like to know is is there certain things i can do or put on my web page that will pick my page up on search engines? like certain words in my address or in my wording on my page? just for example if im putting window cleaner and wrexham on my page, if somebody searches for that on google will it pick my page up?

Id work on utilising links etc before seo, seo is last resort id try yell.com and the likes and give it a few days and then check your position.

Im 2nd without seo or keywords.

From reading the reviews about one.com support, billing, domain renewal cost and their web builder would put me off using them to be honest.

Even their support mentioned in a responce to one of the reviews that the web builder will only build static sites and has limited capabilities. However the chap goes on to say if you want to build a dynamic website you would be better of using wordpress website templates and plugins.

im planning on creating my own web page using one.com, seems really easy to use, im not planning on making it mega extravagant, just listing were i am what i do all the basics etc.What id like to know is is there certain things i can do or put on my web page that will pick my page up on search engines? like certain words in my address or in my wording on my page? just for example if im putting window cleaner and wrexham on my page, if somebody searches for that on google will it pick my page up?

i've been using one.com for the last 7 years now . I have tried different hosts too (justhost.com) however if you are a novice in web design / creation then stick with one.com . Their control panel has a very simple layout and easy to follow . the only drawback is that you can't host more then one website apart from that you should not worry about anything . and 20 quid a year for domain and host is not that bad

I guess it really depends on your focus. If it's just to get your name on the web then fine, however I personally would never recommend these sorts of hosts. That's my personal opinion though, if you want your site to be used get traffic and be liked by google I would prefer to have proper hosting and and use something like wordpress with a responsive design which these days you can't really afford not to. Everyone uses mobile and tablets these days.

i thought the host itself has nothing to do with SEO ?! depends of what and how you fill the page ?!

i thought the host itself has nothing to do with SEO ?! depends of what and how you fill the page ?!
Not directly but with a lot of these kind of hosts your limited on features and the control you have. SEO is not just about what you put on a page, for me I prefer to be able to have more control over my site but again it depends. If this sort of thing is all gibberish to you and don't want to pay to much then this sort of service is just fine.

As far as SEO goes I would take a look at the link above. /emoticons/smile.png

It's great fun learning web design & seo but there are always ppl about that if you don't have the time or inclination will build a great pro looking site for you at a reasonable cost.

Forget one.com - try www.tsohost.com instead - consistently good service, UK based, blinding fast and very cheap too.

Link building is dead don't waste time or money building random links to your website - instead focus on social media and good keyword research to maximise your google exposure. You can find out EXACTLY what terms were searched in your area over the last 30 days using the Google Keyword Planner, and this can give you valuable insights into what keywords to target with your site - - for example in most areas of the UK the term "Window Cleaner" is searched for about 6 times more often than "Window Cleaners" - - so changing a single letter can vastly improve your audience,..

Once you know the most searched keywords that are relevant to your business, use them in your page URLs, page titles, meta descriptions tags, image ALT tags and of course in the on-page text.

Its also vital to have a website that is tablet and smartphone friendly - otherwise you're alienating over half of all internet users and loosing potential customers!

Try Squarespace, they offer a simple and clean software to build an excellent feature rich website, they charge monthly. Also features subscription billing (something we are currently working on) and product sales.

Let me know what you think of them, if you need a hand or any advice, just let me know.

Regards

Back