Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Battery?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PMA Window Cleaning

Am going to get a 250L Brodex system fitted and they are going to use the Van battery for the power??

I Don't want to end up stuck somewhere with no power left to start the van, would it be worth my while getting a splitter and having a battery in the back of the van also??

If I start getting more work and needing more water I will put in another tank and contect them together, or carry a few 25liter drums around with me.....Don't think the van battery would be able to last all day and still have power left init.

its always better to get a separate battery for the system, just in case you van battery isnt that good, or old.

the systems dont draw that much power, but if you are stop and starting the van alll the time and not gettin much charge back into it while driving it could get low.

getting a leisure battery and split charger dont cost that much and then you know you will be fine,

if your van battiery dies at least you can still work! lol

the brodex 250 ltr system is pretty economical with power drain on the battery but yes it will take a toll on your van battery and alternator over time would go with the van set up as battery run but had a leisure battery later they leave loads of slack on the controller feeds making the leisure battery install so simple afterwards you wouldn't want to pay up front for install when you see how easy it is brodex do a nice job of hiding and securing the cabling go for it also the system will run well as that set up but the leisure battery will give you a nice back up and also enable you to boost your van battery should it die and leave you in the lurch so yes take the basic setup and add later

Check to see if you can get the digital controller as its two channel and so much better than the analogue controller with the sticky out **** on as shown in pics I sent you normally comes as standard kit on 500ltr system

Also get a good demo of system working before you leave be 100% happy before you leave after sales are hard work

Thanks for all your help guys.

I will ask they how much extra it will be to have a battery put in hopefully only £100 or so.

The Brodex 250 looks like a nice compact set-up just what I was looking for and on a plus side I only live 15/20mins away from there factory which is a bonus should anything go wrong or I need some spares /emoticons/smile.png

Very versatile once you sit down and study it spares can be expensive of the site but many other controllers will fit a nice option would be a 40 inch di vessel mounted after pump on the ro fixings to guarantee 000 pm at the pole think that's all it's lacking any advice or ideas needed Paul just pm any time great guarantee on the system as well get the paperwork the water fed leaflets are good and the switch over leaflets get some thrown in

If you get on the right side of the fitters a few little bits would come in handy for free a spare elbow for the reel hard to source a couple of spare tank connectors none have gone faulty but plenty of adaptions you could had later if you get some a bit of internal tank pipe work good quality stuff that not guaranteed to get any of this may require a little Wirral charm

I am going to fill up the tank by:

Water from the tap to a 25L DI then a bit of hose going into the secure fitting on the side of the van which will fill up the tank. The Brodex system also has a DI built in so it will be going through two DIs

My TDS is 96ish this should make sure am down to 000tds

The beauty of the di on the pole side it cancels out the couple of ppm you pick up out of the tank if that explains why the extra di would be good on the ro mounts doesn't have to big di as it cancels out very small ppm count and resin should last well as its not doing much work

I would personally recommend going pure freedom, or getting pure2o, they are an ionics company so you would get a crash tested tank and frame. They will match any price, and they will both come with a battery. Brodex customer service is notoriously bad.

Pure freedoms price was £1000 pound more!! And that was with one pole not two!! I don't live far from Brodex so if there bad with customer service I can always just pop down /emoticons/smile.png

In that case I would deffinetly recommend not getting a brodex pole they are heavy and have a long closed length. Get a Phoenix or a clx, they would be much better and make your working day much easier.

Back