Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner new swivel socket

Smurf

I tried the new gardiner swivel socket out today and must say it worked a treat /emoticons/smile.png

I tried the new gardiner swivel socket out today and must say it worked a treat /emoticons/smile.png
I love using a swivel on normal 2 storey houses. I find it impossible to use higher than that as I can't get it to square up if it goes off track. Have you used a swivel before Smurf?

Nope not on a wfp brush before @Tuffers as was the first time today, So you could say I'm a swivel virgin /emoticons/biggrin.png

Been using the swivel sockets since june and much prefer them, i would hate to go back to fixed now /emoticons/smile.png

My too, I've been using swivel sockets since I sarted a few months ago. Works for me.

You can tighten the screw to adjust how easy/difficult it is to swivel. Mine are farily loose.

As regards 3 storey, I just adjust the angle on the window frame so i can clean/rinse at the right angle.

does that make sense? I mean I adjust the sideways angle on the frame so i can clean/rinsce. Not the angle the brush up or down.

Last edited by a moderator:
A wee tip- I find that the pole hose, coming up through the neck itself gives a little bit of resistance- almost pulling on the swivel & not letting it move completely free. What I do is wrap an elastic band round the pole hose (above where it pops out of the top of the neck) numerous times until it can't be wound round anymore. This acts a wedge then, you can move it up & down a bit to suit but it stops the hose going back down the hole completely- allowing the swivel to move without resistance from the rest of the hose pulling on it./emoticons/wink.png

How do you chaps get on with the socket swivel doing conny roofs as I've not tried it out yet on roof frames ect?

I found I liked it on some windows and hated it on other configurations. Also, it only came on a short arm and I prefer the longer one. So, I left it off my pole.

If they made it as a "clip in", I would use it more. But, it is too much hassle to put it off and on per house as it is now. I have threatened to make it into a clip in myself, but haven't gotten around to it.

How do you chaps get on with the socket swivel doing conny roofs as I've not tried it out yet on roof frames ect?
I've been using the Swivels for a year now.

I find they make conny roofs...facias etc so much easier as you can get at different angles while working from one spot.

must look into this....i er..broke my angle adapter the other day.....i wanted to try my trick of sliding the brush sideways to get it through some railings...only...i had glued the brush to stop it slipping in the past and my stubborn wouldnt give up attitude meant i broke the plastic at the pole end...grrrr ruined a good day...i hate getting slowed down on a good day..

when home i got my mole grips...they are easy to find unlike my other tools...as they are fastened to the recliner settee pull to recline as it broke...

and i soon got the adapter off and went to find one of my two spares from my box in the boot....only to find they are not all the same...grrrrrrr.....the brush head thread was different...so being crafty and desperate for a quick fix i split the new angle adapter and swapped the broken bit the pole bit over....only to find ...the clamping teeth are different...i wish things were universal...

of course it held the brush for awhile....but there is nothing worse than a slipping brush head....and dangerous too as of course it can mark the glass....:eek:

all i get off my brush head seller is its a German thread...which as they won the war...i take it is the euro thread...well i think they think they did....calm down basil...../emoticons/biggrin.png

so guys what do i buy....got to hold my head up high...

must look into this....i er..broke my angle adapter the other day.....i wanted to try my trick of sliding the brush sideways to get it through some railings...only...i had glued the brush to stop it slipping in the past and my stubborn wouldnt give up attitude meant i broke the plastic at the pole end...grrrr ruined a good day...i hate getting slowed down on a good day..
when home i got my mole grips...they are easy to find unlike my other tools...as they are fastened to the recliner settee pull to recline as it broke...

and i soon got the adapter off and went to find one of my two spares from my box in the boot....only to find they are not all the same...grrrrrrr.....the brush head thread was different...so being crafty and desperate for a quick fix i split the new angle adapter and swapped the broken bit the pole bit over....only to find ...the clamping teeth are different...i wish things were universal...

of course it held the brush for awhile....but there is nothing worse than a slipping brush head....and dangerous too as of course it can mark the glass....:eek:

all i get off my brush head seller is its a German thread...which as they won the war...i take it is the euro thread...well i think they think they did....calm down basil...../emoticons/biggrin.png

CnC, reading your posts, you should change your screen name to "Disaster Waiting To Happen" (DwtH)

[emoji39]

Seriously CnC, even though they need modifying to work well, the Gardiners quick loq system is the best available in my opinion. Though, if they aren't made a bit better soon, someone is bound to come up with a better alternative.

----------

Paul

CnC, reading your posts, you should change your screen name to "Disaster Waiting To Happen" (DwtH)[emoji39]

Seriously CnC, even though they need modifying to work well, the Gardiners quick loq system is the best available in my opinion. Though, if they aren't made a bit better soon, someone is bound to come up with a better alternative.

----------

Paul
CnC is a PHD I'll have you know- Persistently Hounded by Disaster!! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I dunno, swivels, vision additive

Ŵho won the war Dave? :rolleyes:

I found it a ball ache, especially trying to get at the finial and the brush flopping about :mad:. In my mind a swivel is only good when it's flat on glass. Others have said they use it on connys - kudos to them.

I will just have to see how I get on with it on conny roofs then I suppose as some are alot more awkward to do than others.

I found it a ball ache, especially trying to get at the finial and the brush flopping about :mad:. In my mind a swivel is only good when it's flat on glass. Others have said they use it on connys - kudos to them.

Back