Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp - the bane of my life!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

I've even thought about another career over the past month, I really have!

My problems just seems never ending with dribbling water.

New battery, new pump, and still dribbling after about an hour. Same thing. I even fully charged the battery last night!...and I have a split charge relay.

Got first job (45mins) done nicely, then second (20 mile drive away) started dribbling, and reading: Batt: 11.9

Got to 3rd job same thing, but was just embarrassing as there was barely enough to rinse off!

Any ideas would be VERY gratefully received.

Cheers fellas.

GET A 110 LEISURE BATTERY, numax charger, around £130 for both, charge battery while still in van with added clip on charger. no messing. i had visions of bringing battery out to charge over night. but i dont.

what do you mean dribbling water, from fittings, or from brush head.

have you got a shurflo pump,

have you got a controller,

have you callibrated the controller to get water flow right from your pole.

how long have you been cleaning the wfp way

just relax and get it right , it takes time.

not much to go on from your blog.

ive just set my van mount up a couple of months ago, my only issue is a leaky hose.

i had a backpack for 3 years. happy with that way.

all i mainly need now is to sort out my pure water set-up. from kitchen

Agree with above. If it's low flow after 3 cleans it's either a faulty battery or a air block. Charge the battery overnight. I charge both my leasure batteries for most of Sunday and that's more than enought. If it's a air lock take the hose from the pump to the reel and unhook it and run it at 99 for 20 seconds and see if the water flows and then blips so the air is removed.

theres always an answer to a problem, from batteries , fittings , leaks. once you have fixed one thing, just wait for the other thing to go wrong.

we cant have it too easy now can we.

i now eat and sleep wfp cleaning.

ive just set my van mount up a couple of months ago, my only issue is a leaky hose.
i had a backpack for 3 years. happy with that way.

all i mainly need now is to sort out my pure water set-up. from kitchen
Do you get about 2 cup of water a day that has leaked?

Okay...I've just had it on charge since I got home, and it's only taken it 30mins to fully charge it from my standard Halfords charger.

I have a month old 115 Leisure Battery fitted on a split charge relay.

I had the machine checked by an auto electrician who reckoned Pump!

I fitted a new Shurflo pump last weekend.

I Callibrated it whilst on the phone to an expert. The setting was as it should be anyway.

I've been using the system for a couple of years, but always have had ongoing probs

This is my controller:

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/SKU222.html

Your suggestion of charging battery in the van - is that instead of the SCR or with??

I KNOW NOTHING MY NAME IS MANUEL i FROM SPAIN...but batteries are funny things..I had a recent battery that charged fast to full and sent me mad ..replaced and all okay now....

if its any consolation..I got out my power washer....and ...it dont work so....I send for the wife to borrow the one from over the road identical model...and that hardly works.....sometimes...its just the way it goes...good luck in solving whatever it is...I think...you have a touch of frankitis...be careful ..its contagious:D....

Agree with above. If it's low flow after 3 cleans it's either a faulty battery or a air block. Charge the battery overnight. I charge both my leasure batteries for most of Sunday and that's more than enought. If it's a air lock take the hose from the pump to the reel and unhook it and run it at 99 for 20 seconds and see if the water flows and then blips so the air is removed.
Is it okay to just charge the battery all day then?? Mine just charged in 20mins tonight...should I keep it still on charge over night??

So I take it you use some kind of tap at the pole?

That controller will flash "bat" when the battery gets lower than 50% ish and will cut the pump out altogether at 11.4 so the battery is not the issue I would say.

it depends on the charger clearview...my charger switches to maintenance mode when fully charged....but twenty minutes to full charge sounds defo dodgy to me wheres spruce when you need him..?

GET A 110 LEISURE BATTERY, numax charger, around £130 for both, charge battery while still in van with added clip on charger. no messing. i had visions of bringing battery out to charge over night. but i dont.
what do you mean dribbling water, from fittings, or from brush head.

have you got a shurflo pump,

have you got a controller,

have you callibrated the controller to get water flow right from your pole.

how long have you been cleaning the wfp way

just relax and get it right , it takes time.

not much to go on from your blog.
Is this the charger?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Numax-Leisure-Battery-Charger-Motorhome/dp/B00L7XVQ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423674147&sr=8-1&keywords=numax+charger

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So I take it you use some kind of tap at the pole?That controller will flash "bat" when the battery gets lower than 50% ish and will cut the pump out altogether at 11.4 so the battery is not the issue I would say.
No, no tap.

I purify water in garage, then into van 450L Interloc system van tank. Then through Resin vessel, fed to microbore reel, straight to Facelift pole. No taps.

so you don't stop the flow of water at all?

On the controller what setting do you run the pump at & what is the dead end stop set at?

Do you disconect the hose reel at any time or any other hoses on the system?

Have you run the tank dry at any point?

Good points here. But why is his battery going down to 11.9 in 3 jobs from fully charged. I have a question; is the battery fully charged when you say it is?

so you don't stop the flow of water at all?
On the controller what setting do you run the pump at & what is the dead end stop set at?

Do you disconect the hose reel at any time or any other hoses on the system?

Have you run the tank dry at any point?
The flow does stop when I disconnect the pole hose from the yellow microbore hose reel, but i only usually do this when lowering the hose. If i'm not working I'll turn the machine off totally.

I run the controller at 55 on houses, and 70 on commercial. Max is 99. Not sure what u mean by 'dead end stop', sorry.

Sometimes (3 times a year)I take my machine out of my van, so empty it back into my 1000L ICB tank. Then I'll run pump at 99 till empty, but then I don't stand there waiting for that. Just come and check every now and then, but does at some point empty out while I'm not there. BUT I've not done that with this new pump as yet!

Just thought of it. Does the flow dribble out or go slow ... fast..slow...etc. when mine dribbles it's a air block but a change in speed at 55 would suggest the battery.

Forget about the battery for now @Tuffers as if the pump will run on 99 just wack it up @Clearview Lee it up until you see a constant strong flow from the brush. In doing so will bleed any air out of the system for a start. Then when that is done recalibrate the controller and then see how it works and get back to us. You will have to set the dead end stop so is high enough that it doesn’t keep cutting in prematurely which I think is what is happening when you discount the pole hose.

Here is some info how that type of controller works that may help

FlowMaster DIGI-fm Pump Controller Data Sheet Instructions Page 1 of 2.pdf

FlowMaster DIGI-fm Pump Controller Data Sheet Instructions Page 2 of 2.pdf

Latest Posts

Back