Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Money to spend

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Our vac head either breaks it up as we go along and we get it out with the vac it or we get out the weed hook and get it out like that. That's why we don't use the silicon radiator hose that most the others use. We found your need a fixed head (it can be adjusted) We've had all sizes of machine up to 4200 watt in the past so have had the monster generators as well (and they are monsters!!)
Weed hook - sounds useful! Do you have any pictures of it?

Just yesterday I was cleaning two houses with gutters full with soil and dandelions (hate them roots!) It took me about an hour to clean one heavy soiled corner and there was no way I could put my ladder up - awkward house.

So today I am starting to work on something I could attach to my 6m Harris pole to loosen those heavy soiled gutters.

But if it exists already then I could just make the same!

You should have one with your kit or for that type of thing we use the fork attachment, you should have also got one with your kit.

You should have one with your kit or for that type of thing we use the fork attachment, you should have also got one with your kit.
Yes I have and it is fantastic for loosening soil and get the moss out but what I had yesterday was extreme. I think those gutters haven't been cleaned for at least 10 years - since the houses were built. :eek: And the only way I could loosen the "concrete" was with the fork tool - bit by bit and it took me an hour and I have alu pole.. with five sections joint together it becomes very very heavy after one hour! :confused:

As I was saying before, Alex - I absolutely love the product and all tools that came with it ,it is just that time to time I come across weirdos that dont take care of they houses and then expect that I will sort it all out in one go.. So for them situations I will try to build a tool that will act as a blade - I will crumble all that s**t up and then hoover it out. Should work in theory.

I use @Alex Day 1250w gutter vac and run it off a 2.4kva genie when required.

Does the job and I haven't needed ladders yet and never will.

The alloy poles are heavy and gutter cleaning can be tedious with certain blockages thar must be quicker from ladders but still does the job ok.

Those are the tools we supply with our kits.
When did you change the design of these tools Alex?

I bought a kit from you around Feb this year, the tools were mainly plastic/carbon and a bit flimsy, especially the adjustable bend at the end which broke after a few uses.

These tools look much better..

Hi Prime Shine,

The tools you got were new to try and save as much weight as possible and in all honesty we had a few problems with them so went back to how we always did them. If you contact us directly we can sort something out for you.

Latest Posts

Back