Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wiggly things in my tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Anyone else noticed due to the temp rise that they have wiggly things growing in their tanks?

Well I do hope they help clean them dirty windows for me. Who needs to buy an additive when you can grow yer own:D

Its algae. You will never get rid of it now. I get it in fish tank. A pain. I can scrub the inside of that. You cant with a water tank.

Add a load of bleach. Leave for hour then power wash, where you can. Don't get splashes in eyes

I just flush the tanks out myself and like you say use hypo to kill off the algae and wiggly things in it too. If the inside walls and bottom of the tank is very bad I pressure wash i out first.

It's one of my old ibc holding tanks I've not cleaned out for a while so no big issue /emoticons/wink.png

Just as a test this time I first emptied the ibc 1000 litre tank as much as I could. Then flushed it through a bit with pure and vacuumed out all the remaining crud at the bottom of the tank with pure. Then used a steam cleaner (filled with pure water) and gave it a good going over all the inside walls and the bottom of the tank.

It's now filling with pure from my ro/di static system so will be interesting to find out how effective steam cleaning the tank out was. The steam should have killed of the algae instead of using hypo for a change.

The good news is whilst using the wet vac I also managed to retrieve the cap off my hand held tds meter that my mate frank managed to drop it in the tank a long time ago. Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

yes i had those in my van tank. i don't care to be honest, they won't manage it through the twin di. last time i looked in my tank they were gone, so i assume they are in the resin.

my tank actually smells a bit like an aquarium, since the rainwater i pump in it only goes through a 50 micron sediment filter.

but never had a problem, my water is 000

When trsnsferring ro/di pure from my holding tanks to the van tanks I pump it through inline filters and also di tanks so no wiggly things would pass through it anyway. Likewise I've filters on the van tanks too so no crud gets into the wfp pump and out onto the glass or watever I'm cleaning at the time.

I may also get uv pond type filters that are suppose to kill algae and bacteria just to see how effetive they are. Does anyone use uv filters?

When trsnsferring ro/di pure from my holding tanks to the van tanks I pump it through inline filters and also di tanks so no wiggly things would pass through it anyway. Likewise I've filters on the van tanks too so no crud gets into the wfp pump and out onto the glass or watever I'm cleaning at the time.
I may also get uv pond type filters that are suppose to kill algae and bacteria just to see how effetive they are. Does anyone use uv filters?
NO. I think they do work though

I do. I'll check later for wigglers. I know it keeps the algae out though.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks...what made you buy one?
My tanks got algae in, but I was mostly concerned about legionnaires. I searched for ways to kill it, read about UV filters but found the whole house type at first. Then I read about the pond filters, and this one was rated well, decent price. it's keeping the water moving which stops legionnaires forming but the UV should kill everything!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back