Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie on a mission

KPFM

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm new to window cleaning. Just waiting to take delivery of my last couple of bits of equipment so as of tomorrow, I'm canvassing, flyering and facebooking on a mission to hit my first goal; jobs to the value of £1000 per month within 10 weeks.

Hopefully by making this public to you lot and knowing you're watching my progress, it'll give me sufficient motivation to get out there and get it done so as not to look silly by failing :rofl:.

Anyway I'm off to practice my technique a bit more..

I'd say thats a tough but achievable goal. Its a good time of year to get started with spring just around the corner. Good luck fella.

Welcome fella

Keep that attitude and you will be fine

It's all about mental attitude in this game

Let yourself get demoralised and it will affect how you canvass etc

If you have a shite day screw it tomorrow will be different

the world is your lobster rodney

Cheers gents. Anyway, first day was terrible, rained off and then I decided to knock a full cuppa onto my 2 month old laptop /emoticons/sad.png.

Today was better, got a little bit of canvassing done, three small houses and a hair salon's window on my books now totalling £34 a month. It's a start.

Sorry to hear about your laptop...You're not related to frank, fred and @cheapncheerful are you?

Regarding picking up work we all have to start somewhere so well done to you...:thumbsup:

Keep chipping away amigo. I'm on a roll, 15 new customers this week from door knocking and it's only Wednesday! Sometimes you get sod all though....,

Good luck!

Cheers gents. Anyway, first day was terrible, rained off and then I decided to knock a full cuppa onto my 2 month old laptop /emoticons/sad.png.Today was better, got a little bit of canvassing done, three small houses and a hair salon's window on my books now totalling £34 a month. It's a start.

HI KPFM, keep at it we have all been there, i found the best investment i did was with yell.com for £18 per month i come up top 3 in 5 local areas and get around 10-20 enquires per month so rate of return is very could to out lay, i found much more succesful then flyers etc, but nothing will beat persistence and a lot of door knocking, plus once you get a few on board if you do a good job thats how the word of mouth spreads...good luck pal

Hi all,
As the title suggests, I'm new to window cleaning. Just waiting to take delivery of my last couple of bits of equipment so as of tomorrow, I'm canvassing, flyering and facebooking on a mission to hit my first goal; jobs to the value of £1000 per month within 10 weeks.

Hopefully by making this public to you lot and knowing you're watching my progress, it'll give me sufficient motivation to get out there and get it done so as not to look silly by failing :rofl:.

Anyway I'm off to practice my technique a bit more..
your going to do great keep going kido

let us all know how you get on

Unfortunately **** poor so far, I'm too much of a procrastinator. Knocked on maybe 30 doors if that in nearly three weeks. Although even that has got me to just over £100 a month (9 customers) so it looks as if the market is there for it in my cluster of little villages.

There are two reasons for this: Firstly I'm far too relaxed as I luckily don't have money worries, I initially set up as a regular cleaning company doing inside houses and businesses before I decided to focus on windows. The few contracts I have on that side of my business are generating enough to just about cover my bills although I hate the work. Plus, I was reasonable well paid (for a 21 year old) before I left my job and was saving like a madman for a mortgage deposit hence I've got money in the bank to cover about two and a bit years of spending.

Secondly, and by far the main reason I've struggled though is that I've been worrying too much about how to deal with hard to reach windows. This is now sorted however as I've just bought a Pure Freedom trolley and Gardiner SLX25 to alleviate these worries and can now freely canvass wherever I want.

Made it a far tougher task by being slack to begin with, 7 weeks 2 days left and about £900 to find. Bring it on!

100 quid from 30 houses

Just think how much you could have if you knocked a few more

Get out there mate

Finally manned up properly and went canvassing for a solid hour or so yesterday in between a couple of jobs. Of all the doors I knocked I'd say there was about 12 who answered and I got 5 new customers from them. Very happy with that and I'll be heading back to the houses who didn't answer on Saturday as most of their windows were filthy.

Nothing booked in for today so I'm gonna get out and do a couple of hours knocking and see how many more I rustle up.

Back