Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

getting rid of unsuitable work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

i think iv posted about this before but im banging on about it cos its important you get the message-its only this year i realized how important this is to my biz and im 8 yrs in to it .

View attachment 8070 this isnt about messers or bad payers, its about culling jobs that slow down the pace of the day [maybe ones with a lot of extra reaching,you pole guys will know about that] .i recommend you stand back and take a look at the job list and DO something about it. you might be at a stage of your biz where you Think you still need the money so are forced to keep on the doing the sh/tty jobs-this is not so, so take a step back -youd be better to ditch that type of job instead spend the time finding something nicer that doesnt tire you out badly.

a really cool phrase i just heard yesterday that sums this up is "putting the turd on another mans plate"

Had one yesterday like this mate, did his first clean then told him due to the **** acsess via going over neighbours fence to get to his garden, and really tricky reach on one above his conservatory even with pole its just a job id hate doing everytime.

Told him fronts only or find another windy.

Felt good saying it as a few months ago id of kept it and moaned everytime I did it.

Was just thinking this yesterday.

I got a text yesterday "my neighbour has arranged for someone else to clean my windows from now on"

Weird i thought, is he cheaper I asked? Was there a problem with my service? No same price he just does most round here.

Anyway it turns out this job is underpriced and it's awkward access so was quite pleased that I would be putting the turd on another man's plate. (Been watching Keith kalfas? @boarcity).

It's true though why clean jobs for years that you hate when you can just get rid and find better ones.

Spot on ! Its so much how i Think . Just let 2 go the other Day . They were 2 on a dead round of mine that ive tried to Shut Down for a while . It was e-mail -insides and so .. Told her my problem with it , she gave me a hug and Said she could easily understand . Rounds have to be compact . The thing is that the work in that area is ditched bit by bit ( cant find a buyer ) because we moved 180 km away . So bad time-consumers REALLY gotta go ..

The joy of this job is once est its a pick and choose game.

I'm quite lucky in a way that I dont need to earn £300 plus a day but have many days where I do and its all good.

Fine tuning your work to get to what you need to earn and removing jobs you hate for various reasons is a good position to aim for.

I'm a real fan of the new builds, nice and quick to clean, frames as new on each wash, most aint put on silly conservatories to get in the way, happy days, I'd take them allday everyday, and remove the time consuming jobs of the same value.

I like close work. On Monday coming I will park my van and do 25 shops. Lunch. Then move the van and do 15 houses on the same estate, walking round. Trad remember

I've struck gold on this subject. I've mentioned on here before how any work that comes my way that I don't fancy, I'm selling to another windie (also called Steve).

Well I'm taking a leaf out of your book boarcity, and selling him the stuff that I don't like (anything where the ladder needs to come off, anyone that wants insides done, anything that's one house in one road etc).

Being ruthless with this now and my packed round is being customized until its perfect :thumbsup:

well, im newly started up, to im appreciating the turds that others drop. even then, i can recognise which jobs will be likely to go first, when i do hit that stage.

I find some bad jobs are going to be worth keeping for good customers... Because those customers boost morale quite often, just the chat and banter.

Personally i like the challenge, i'd only condiser dropping a job if I couldnt clean efficiently without overstraining myself every time. I dont mind putting in the effort, but sometimes my body isnt so gleeful of the strain. But for me I value every bone I get thrown.

Back