Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Three story window cleaning with 25ft pole?????

Scottie

Hi all,

I have found a great little package to buy WFP trolley and coems with a 25ft pole, but I am just wondering what you guys think on doing three story with it, I see from previous posts I have located it is achiveable, but not much was mentioned. So just wanted to be sure, not really ventured this high on my ladders so dont no the height, WFP all new to me.

So will 25ft after holding it 28ft reach and complete three story, i.e ground, 1st and then 2nd. I was told 22ft would just about do it, but I feel thats a struggle, but am sure 25ft is fine for now and then buy a longer one in time as I progress.

Thanks very much for your time, Scottie

How's the canvassing going Scottie? Are you going WFP now? My SLX-22 will reach some 3 storey windows at a push, but a 25' would be better. Buy full carbon if you can, it gets a bit whippy at height if you use fibreglass poles.

Don't buy a trolley..bloody expensive

Make one as per jimmyboots or Pickingpaul

My 25ft pole allows me to do 3 stories not a problem at all, well that's ground , first floor then second floor not actually 3 floors high

Talking about cheap where has our @cheapncheerful gone?
bzhktlkwqeyjy7d7tt4s.jpg

Tuffers - Yes the flyering etc has goen quiet for xmas, But I have had an influx of 3 story work come my way, so I have put them off unti new year and picked up 5 jobs and the estates near me are all 3 story new ones, so out hitting them.... I just like the WFP after using in depth and got on with it, ladders are a bonus now as keeping them, but the WFP works well for me for fascia cleaning and also connys, so its a win win.

I looking at a trolley like the banana one with a better pole, but am looking hard for a good deal i have £250 to spend with out buying a ro unit etc as I have one I can get off someone near me thats a good one. So trawling the net for a back pack/trolley system and pole ready to go....Mission. Just the height issue 22ft I would think is hard to reach but 25ft is fine and going by what some people have said in this post it seems ok. Just gotta find a supplier who can do it all now for that price....lol

Move to the darkside near complete......... /emoticons/smile.png

I have a SLX40 on the van which I bought to reach the second floor windows of some rather high Victorian terrace houses. I only used it at full reach for one house which I no longer clean. It does get used at full reach to clean a velux roof window every second clean on a Victorian house converted into business premises.

My SLX40 probably gets used 6 times a month on average. The pole is 6 years old and will probably last another 6 years. Was it worth the investment? - probably not. (My wife was horrified when I bought it. She has always wanted to visit Australia and the price of the pole back then was a little more than a return air ticket to Oz. She was gutted.)

My everyday pole is an SLX22 which I find is good for 99% of my daily work. My son works along with me these days and he has an SLX25. He usually does the couple of windows with his SLX25 that I can't just reach with my SLX22. If he wasn't there I would have to get the longer pole out.

I also have an old CLX22 which I bought when they first came out. I have a soft extreme brush on it which I use on leaded windows. I use a sill brush on my SLX22.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back