Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

179 Happy Customers but why does 1 moaner seem to spoil it!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RyeCleanLiam

Did I Job for the 2nd time last week. She wasn't in so I left a card, send a cheque or pay online. 5 days later I get a letter through the door (cop out) from said customer saying first of all I signed up for once a month not 2 weekly. I checked my dates and low and behold it's been 4 weeks and 1 day since last visit. 2nd paragraph reads "when I returned home the paint work (frames) was dirty, the doors weren't washed and my windows weren't all that clean so I'm not paying and don't require you in the future".

This is 100% a lie. I know this because unbeknown to her, and just by chance, I actually took pictures of one of her Windows and a door to put on my FB page as an example cos it came up nice. See attached images, not a mark on them. If customers aren't happy I try my best to sort it out but to outright lie and say I've not done the work when I have just boils my blood. Thankfully I still have 179 great customers.
ba6474a716784b18fe4a26e2c9779e0c.jpg
e92e3468ccf295f69407986ab8013026.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think we've all got loons on our rounds. I've got one on a new estate, agreed to every 4 weeks, everytime I had to send a text to remind him to BACS payment. Just before the last clean he still hadn't paid after 2 reminders so I sent a text asking if he still wanted to remain on the round and to settle his bill. He responded by saying he wanted to stay on the round but go 3 monthly and gave me the date of his required next clean (which ain't gonna happen!). Still waiting for payment from last clean! I'll have to knock his door next week.

Send her the photos and call them out on there lie
Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
I haven't got any means to send the photos as she is an elderly lady so I only have a landline to contact on, I was half tempted to call round and inspect the work in front of her and show the pics but then I just thought stuff her, I know most of the local windies so will be warning them off her.

I think we've all got loons on our rounds. I've got one on a new estate, agreed to every 4 weeks, everytime I had to send a text to remind him to BACS payment. Just before the last clean he still hadn't paid after 2 reminders so I sent a text asking if he still wanted to remain on the round and to settle his bill. He responded by saying he wanted to stay on the round but go 3 monthly and gave me the date of his required next clean (which ain't gonna happen!). Still waiting for payment from last clean! I'll have to knock his door next week.
lol it's mad isn't it tuffers. I've had all sorts in past but never had anyone say I pretty much haven't cleaned anything I'm paid to clean.

I had one who sent me a photo of the 'terrible' job I'd done. I went round the very next day and at first couldn't find what she had taken a photo of. When I finally did find it, it turned out to be a speck on one window ledge that she had held her phone about two inches from so it made it look huge. It was ridiculous. She must have gone out with a magnifying glass

I haven't got any means to send the photos as she is an elderly lady so I only have a landline to contact on, I was half tempted to call round and inspect the work in front of her and show the pics but then I just thought stuff her, I know most of the local windies so will be warning them off her.

At least you have some before and after photos for your website./emoticons/wink.png

At least you have some before and after photos for your website./emoticons/wink.png
Haha this is true, shame she's not computer literate I could have tagged her [emoji846] don't worry lads she is forgotten about now, like you've all said it ain't worth it. I just felt like I needed a rant and the wife is sick of hearing about work [emoji23]

Haha this is true, shame she's not computer literate I could have tagged her [emoji846] don't worry lads she is forgotten about now, like you've all said it ain't worth it. I just felt like I needed a rant and the wife is sick of hearing about work [emoji23]

There's nothing quite like getting the last laugh when the other party is oblivious to it.

The only time my wife starts listening to me about work is when their is money mentioned otherwise she walks out of the room mid sentence

Call her out mate, it aint right!

Basically you have been used and ripped off,Not great at all.
All new clients have to sign up to GoCardless before the first clean commences otherwise no clean.

You are right. I've never really had any problems like this before but she was one of those customers who didn't have a mobile, didn't do email, didn't do online banking etc etc she would only pay cash or cheque. I really need to be more brutal with new customers and push GoCardless more. I have a few on it but not many yet.

Back