Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Good little earner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's little things like this that show innovation, little untapped markets...

Might be worth putting a leaflet through each door you clean saying you can fit these for X amount on any down pipes,

Then next time round you could fit them and make a tenner extra a house :thumbsup:

Yeah, going to get some flyers made up and include these as an extra for those who want them. The amount of gutters round here that are full are ridiculous. Need to start knocking doors but always worry about what to say.... If looking for window jobs I start off with 'I'm cleaning windows in the area and was wondering if it's something your looking to get done' don't know how this works for gutter jobs as don't want them thinking I'm of the travelling community, have the branded t-shirt and all though so that may help, but wonder if the flyer at the time of asking would make a difference.

Just had a look at these on eBay, thwy look like they sit quite high in the downpipe so how does that work with the overhang of the roof tiles?

Good job I ONLY use ladders for gutter cleans and clearing,
Wfp for cleaning gutters is horrible, much much easier with a ladder and cloths, wfp is good for windows, but cumbersome for things like facias,

Good idea, you could charge even more posh!
What do you find difficult about cleaning G/S/F with a wfp? I found it much more of a upper body workout in the beginning and it does ache the neck a touch, but since doing quite a few of them I find it a superb way of cleaning them I actually enjoy doing them now and the money is far better if you can get plenty of them, far far faster and cleaner and pretty much all areas reachable unlike if you only had ladders. I always sell up cleaning the bardgebards too for a bit extra and always get the green light as it makes sense for the customer. I find the xline brushes great for doing them as their light and they spread nice under the guttering to clean up the underneath of them enough to look perfect from the ground looking up.

It's little things like this that show innovation, little untapped markets...
Might be worth putting a leaflet through each door you clean saying you can fit these for X amount on any down pipes,

Then next time round you could fit them and make a tenner extra a house :thumbsup:
Means getting the ladders off though Jake. That would be a tenner before I even shoved sumat in their gutter :whistle:

What do you find difficult about cleaning G/S/F with a wfp? I found it much more of a upper body workout in the beginning and it does ache the neck a touch, but since doing quite a few of them I find it a superb way of cleaning them I actually enjoy doing them now and the money is far better if you can get plenty of them, far far faster and cleaner and pretty much all areas reachable unlike if you only had ladders. I always sell up cleaning the bardgebards too for a bit extra and always get the green light as it makes sense for the customer. I find the xline brushes great for doing them as their light and they spread nice under the guttering to clean up the underneath of them enough to look perfect from the ground looking up.
I love seeing the green turn white. Quite therapeutic :thumbsup:

I love it @Tuffers the dirtier they are the more excited I get, can't wait to whip out the pole/brush and watch it all melt away! :rofl: I am quite worried about my OCD at the moment lol! Was doing one last week early morning and the steam coming off them as using rather hot water looked great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the customers reactions too, it's a large part of the visuals on their homes and really does freshen up the whole house. Always very pleased and can't believe they come up so well! It's also one of them jobs I like to do on saturdays as it gets noticed alot by competitive neighbours. My record so far is 3 in a row, now all gone regular windows too, one after the other lol!

Yeah, like I've said in the past, I'm planning on doing the sister in laws FSG on a Saturday the full street is a keeping up with the jones's type so hoping for some repeat customers from it. Flew through my guest house window clean today so said I would do the inside kitchen windows while I was there, wish I didn't now as it was covered in grease. Should have seen her face when she could actually see out. She did say she'll give me a nice tip at Xmas though haha, probably not to eat yellow snow!

Yeah, like I've said in the past, I'm planning on doing the sister in laws FSG on a Saturday the full street is a keeping up with the jones's type so hoping for some repeat customers from it. Flew through my guest house window clean today so said I would do the inside kitchen windows while I was there, wish I didn't now as it was covered in grease. Should have seen her face when she could actually see out. She did say she'll give me a nice tip at Xmas though haha, probably not to eat yellow snow!
Maybe she will let you do her bedroom window insides for your xmas tip /emoticons/wink.png

alright guys, just to give you a heads up with regards to the downpipe covers, I messaged one of the eBay companies who do them for £5.25 and asked if I buy a load of them would they give me a discount. I'm quoting a nursing home I'm FSG'ing for 80 of the little buggers and got an email back from the eBay place and they have given me a price of £3.25 for four if I buy 20 packets, £65 all in and I've quoted £350 to supply and fit. Will give an update if I get it or not.

Back