Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting

steve32

Hi guys, great forum great info!

I have been at this wfp and traditional for several months now. I took the advice from a thread on this forum about the starter kit using the wcw back pack etc. Best advice ever if im honest. I have upgraded now but the back pack still gets used so it was never a case of buy twice. If id of got the van system 1st id of still needed the back pack eventually. So if any newbies are reading find the thread, the only thing i would say is look at a bigger ro ( if needed ) or you will buy twice. And don't be put off by thinking the work is already taken, that was my biggest doubt going into this, would they still be enough work out there, well i was amazed once i started knocking on doors at just how much of a response i got, its got crackers if im honest.

Anyway enough rambling....... MY QUESTION TO THE EXPERIENCED .......

When i first started to practise and my own windows, friends , family etc i was getting a lot of spotting, eventually i found a way round it, i would start on high pressure and clean all the frames and glass giving them a good scrub and a bit of a rinse, i would work round all the other windows in the same way, then go back to the 1st window and clean the glass and rinse only, then to the next etc etc. Doing it this way i found the finish is perfect every time and the customers are happy ( baring in mind they didn't like the idea of the pole due to past cleaners leaving bad results ).

The problem now is speed and water usage, although this method gets results its like cleaning the windows twice, and using a lot more water, and we all no time is money. I don't no if my problem is if 90% of my cleans are monthly cleans and its like a 1st clean every time ?

My question is how do i speed up ? what is the quicker method with the same results ? it seems like if i dont do it my way i dont get the result, but i no i must be missing something very simple somewhere.

what size tank you got

work at full blast

when you are cleaning, only go over the top of the frames once and then start at the top of the glass and clean up and down 3 times and rinse from top of glass to bottom, and then go to next window,

I have 450 ltr tank. tbh my gear, pole etc is still entry level stuff. That might have something to do with it.

Cheers for the reply, when i try the fast method it don't work...... But looking at what you say about the top frame once, i might be disturbing to much dirt by going over it to often

Hi

I have a wcw back pack and started having problems with spotting when it is hot the water dries to quick i dont think the spotting is caused by dirt, when it streaks that is due to dirt falling off the frame to the glass,

I am starting to dip my brush in water and fairy clean the windows then rinse i have heard this helps with spotting it is supposed to be hot tomorrow so we will see

cheers pal. let me no if it helps u mate.... its certainly worth a try. It wont be a problem for me as i do it trad on the bottoms so ill always have the solution handy.

Hi

I have a wcw back pack and started having problems with spotting when it is hot the water dries to quick i dont think the spotting is caused by dirt, when it streaks that is due to dirt falling off the frame to the glass,

I am starting to dip my brush in water and fairy clean the windows then rinse i have heard this helps with spotting it is supposed to be hot tomorrow so we will see
being to hot and water drying quick wont cause spotting, when cleaned and rinsed properly then the quick it drys the better! less chance for dust to get caught on the water drop etc.

i use hot water and at times the first window of the house has dried off before i even finish cleaning the rest of it, if the waters pure then it will be fine!

being to hot and water drying quick wont cause spotting, when cleaned and rinsed properly then the quick it drys the better! less chance for dust to get caught on the water drop etc.

i use hot water and at times the first window of the house has dried off before i even finish cleaning the rest of it, if the waters pure then it will be fine!
Cheers pal. I think i must be going over the top on it. Over doing it if you no what i mean. Ill just do whats mentioned above and see what happens. I need to be whizzing round these windows now in order to complete the work.

the more you get used to it and doing it more and more you get to know what to do to speed things up,

you will pick it up in no time, try on your windows at home, i use a slow water rate, sometime the faster the rate the more splashing you can cause, witch can splash dirty water back onto the clean rinsed glass.

Hi

this will cause spotting,

I have tried it on my own windows and it looked great and was easier to clean it cut through bird poo and other marks i rinsed it well and was impressed with the results, It was hard work turning water off and on all the time at the backpack though but my dad is making me a remote pump controller switch for my backpack, so i can operate it at the pole

I have tried it on my own windows and it looked great and was easier to clean it cut through bird poo and other marks i rinsed it well and was impressed with the results, It was hard work turning water off and on all the time at the backpack though but my dad is making me a remote pump controller switch for my backpack, so i can operate it at the pole
might work but you will use loads of water doing it that way, plus there will be times where it will casue problems.

Back