Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Collecting Rain Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Hi there,

Not sure if good idea as I have two massive oak trees and quite a few birch trees which around this year will drop tones of seeds!

Old water butt on my dads log cabin, so will prob buy a new one. will a 210l fit in my car???? (pick up from bnq)

I heard people using a tin with socks on either end with sponges inside it to filter the rain? and some mesh to cover the gutters?

Thats all I need right?

For future use, if I wanted to filter this through DI, to fill tank with, (or even use for car washing) could I use a trolly to pump water to where the car/van is(log cabin right at back of garden with rain water at the back of it, to drivway, so about 50m??

Thanks

Gmeister.

Yeah ya should get a 210 in ya car with seats down G, they're about a metre or so high and 2 thirds of that wide at bottom. use a couple of methods for filtering G, big holes to filter out leaves etc and sponge for rest but make sure ya clean em out regularly. the old butt would be ok though mate just clean it out. and yeah any decent pump would do the job.

If cabins got electric mate ya sorted, put di in there with a little pump and stick a hose on it to fill tank.

I have 3x 210l water butts collecting off the garage roof. I use a coke bottle half filled with sponge to filter all the ****, it Needs replacing once a month tho.

I then pump the collected water through a sediment filter and into an ibc which is in the garage.

I then pump it through a double di and into my tank in the van. Seems to work well

Back