Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

NEVER SEEN SO MANY BUCKETS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hey guys

Is it just me or is it that time of the year.

I'm out canvassing now and I've never seen so many 2 man gangs and a trad starter kit walking up and down the roads.

Honestly I've seen at least 15 pairs of fellas in shitty tracksuits and buckets trawling the roads looking at houses.

I'd say at least 12 beer boys out for a quick buck. 1 who looked a proper tradder and 1 with a proper fully kitted wfp setup.

Most annoying thing is the beer boys seen to have unlimited work all day long!

Rant over

Some of them may be genuine

You can't tarnish em all with the same brush

We all started somewhere & sometimes its sensible to not buy to much stuff as you might not like it.

Testing the waters.

To many go like a bull in a china shop & spend loads only to find a year down the line it's not for them.

Oh I totally get that posh.

Suppose it didn't come across as I meant. I could tell the ones that were beer money guys. Even watching them clean it was literally minutes just quick wash of glass. Then wiping the glass with a cloth after. Knock the door. Pocket the change they were given then off to another.

I am sure some were genuine. Just suprised the amount of people out today that's all.

Unfortunately it's that time of year, loads creeping out of the woodwork, saw 1 today with a bucket and a petrol strimmer knocking all the doors where I was working, sounded stoned or ******!

much prefer canvassing when its nice, dont want to do it at the best of times let alone when its miserable weather. Nice weather gives me confidence, shite weather just makes you want to go home.

But either way whether its nice or not if you havent got enough work then youll have to canvass whatever the weather

but yeah seen loads of trad lads today myself, carrying buckets and ladders.

Just an observation but why is it most tradders i see wear jogging bottoms/trackies/normal clothes and most guys with wfp setups wear typical workwear logoed polo tops and cargo trousers?

is illegal to wfp in trackies or trad looking smart?

Im trad and i where logo top and cargos lol and just taken 3 custys from another windy and getting a higher price all because he splash dash and dont clean frames

much prefer canvassing when its nice, dont want to do it at the best of times let alone when its miserable weather. Nice weather gives me confidence, shite weather just makes you want to go home.
But either way whether its nice or not if you havent got enough work then youll have to canvass whatever the weather

but yeah seen loads of trad lads today myself, carrying buckets and ladders.

Just an observation but why is it most tradders i see wear jogging bottoms/trackies/normal clothes and most guys with wfp setups wear typical workwear logoed polo tops and cargo trousers?

is illegal to wfp in trackies or trad looking smart?
Hey I wear joggers and a hoody because I'm comfortable in them hate big baggy trousers

And both me and my man are covered head to toe in tattoos

Fashion these days I'm afraid

Think your more concerned about trying to look smart then crack on get good days work

Hey I wear joggers and a hoody because I'm comfortable in them hate big baggy trousersAnd both me and my man are covered head to toe in tattoos

Think your more concerned about trying to look smart then crack on get good days work
I personally think your judged in this game by your personality then what we look like

One thing is for sure i see so many windowcleaners now the weather is Nice, only saw thr local.competiotoion during the.winter, someone said fair weather windowcleaner, lol. Only thing that annoy.me is the.possibility for underbidding and leaving the prices.low.when they dissapear on the fall. Not.lost one yet.to another, but still.

people judge you and make an opinion of you in a matter seconds(vehicle included).if you have a well established round and a good customer base with people who know you well,wear clothes how you want,i do.but in my opinion if you want work appearance matters

I've never canvassed most of my work comes through the work I do and being recommended by existing customers

And I believe a lot of that is personality

There's a windie in are area nice van very smart uniform but to put it blanetly

He's a absolute ****!with over Windies and customers,he only gets the work most of us don't won't

I don't think his uniform will save the day!!

I have nothing wrong with people looking smart but to judge people by the clothes there wearing isn't for me!

Everyone is different

Personally i wear a polo top but sometimes joggers also

I think it depends where you work

In this town nobody gives a toss what you look like or what you drive. .they just ask how much and you tell them

I got some of my best customers canvassing in joggers and hoodie..i think they suss you out when you open your mouth and speak and know what you are talking about

I get 50% of my work through recommendations on facebook and word of mouth as i ask my customers to pass my card on to any friends who may need me which works as i am good at my job

Hey I wear joggers and a hoody because I'm comfortable in them hate big baggy trousersAnd both me and my man are covered head to toe in tattoos

completely wrong end of the stick mate, not bothered what anyone does or doesnt wear. Its just an observation that i cant recall seeing a tradder in smart workwear or a wfp guy in joggers and wondered why that is.

For me personally, i wear logoed up gear and try to look smart, but i dont just clean windows i clean carpets and i feel a lot more confident walking in someones home looking smart and professional when handing out quotes.

personal preference is all

its funny, when you start out in this biz you see windies everywhere . look,,,theres another one .... thats because youre looking for them

as the years go by ,you couldnt care less. in fact i HOPE to see a newbie cos he might take the sh/t work instead of it landing on my lap.

i saw a newbie this week,the 1st iv seen this year . he had very long ladders which to me marked him out as new

Track suits,uniforms,wfp,buckets

I've never seen so many window cleaners in general starting up like I have over the last 5 or so years and this year is set to be no different.

Not a day goes by on the forums when some one dosen't come on to say "thinking of starting up"

Yet i still get new work daily Craig

There may be more about but there isn't enough to cover all 59 thousand houses in this town

Very true but more and more are getting into it which makes it harder to build a quality round this means there's a lot of shiners in our area with not full rounds.

There all competing you may not see it personally but it's happening in our town already.

I know two separate window cleaners who have been approached by two different window cleaners recently who are very pxxxd off about being undercut on houses.

I also no a different one who went canvassing up Chrysler park ,nearly every house said your around the 8th to knock.

There's also a load who work for one of the nationals in our area who have all just been made redundant

It's supply and demand mate 3 years ago I was getting around 10-20email enquiries a week this has dropped hugely and now at least 60% of new domestic enquiries want one offs.

I have no problem with it I am very,very busy and I pass on work and try to help others but I'm not naive to think my round and work are untouchable.

I know there is some little ##### who is going round great ashby undercutting people as my customers are loyal and have told me..so has mark..malc..and alex if you know any of them

Dodgy as he will end up getting a slap off someone

Back