Happy customers! :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Jun 16, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

Well its been a couple of weeks since i took over the business. A BIG THANKYOU to all you guys as your advice has been priceless.(considering i had almost no experiance) In two weeks (Round takes 7-8 wks) i have won over all but a few custies over after advising of price rise and met most of them half way (well thats what i let them think) We are honering the prices on this round with cobwebs brushed away and all sills wiped which will be now standard, most of them are delighted with this and the fact that im taking the time to get to know them while the boys are getting on with it......
    Again thanks for all your advice guys its been a great help and hope somewhere down the line i will be able to offer some advice to someone else starting out :huh::):):D:D:D:D
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    Great! glad to hear its going well, congrats :huh:
  3. Good for you Kars - obviously have the gift of the gab.

I am glad it is going well for you.
  4. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    That' good,its always a bit scary when you take over new business :huh:
  5. roxana

roxana Guest

hey, congrats. So, all that is thanks to the forum?
  6. kars

kars Guest

Its a large thanks to this. Think you have to kinda have a feeling for it though. make the customer believe your selling them something they want. The business i bought is in a bad way due to pricing not going up in over 6 years or so. Now i have to reprice almost every house i have which is over 700. For example, 12 windows bungalow all standard @ £4.50!!!! thats a loss for me as i have two guys working for me. so now i meet them just over half way while making it clear i will be bringing the prices up accordinly over the next couple of years..By the time i leave they are all calling me by name and wishing me well.
    Have to say that reading all the other post here has def help and everyone is friendly and helpful so ask away if in doubt. just dont get them started on the female window cleaner thing.... lol
    Hope your husband finds his feet so to speak. Its always daunting starting something new.
  7. Good for you Kars.
    Just shows you that even the biggots can be won over.
    It is sad that you have to work twice as hard because you are female because it should be irrelevant but sadly there are still many fools out there.
    It wouldn't be easy for anybody to take over a round with two fellas who already know the ropes regardless of sex so my gues is you have two very good employees.
    I am sure with your at***ude your round will top 1000 customers by the end of the year.
    Kars PLC!!!!:D:):D:):(
  8. kars

kars Guest

Ha ha watch this space?!!! Thanks for the encouragement
  9. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

Jun 21, 2011
    Your post had gave me new hope since I have opened my business lately and still no customers.
    how do you get them ? do you approach and offer your cleaning services?
  10. kars

kars Guest

Hiya. Good luck with ur window cleaning business. I bought an established round but its in a bad way so working to bring it in line again. loving the challange so far :(