Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time since wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Hose reel frozen twice today and it was indoors all night

Had enough now so off home

Defrosted it with heater in the motor first time but not sitting around waiting for another hour

Trad gear is no good for the jobs i have today either as all new build georgian and townhouses

Also calling it a day. Worked at - 1 before no problem. Today brissels on brush froze. Then top two sections of the pole froze together. Went for a brew in caff to warm up. Came out an the van mount hose has frozen. Back into the Caffè for brunch then home an paperwork I think.

I am getting a van within a fortnight as i am just trying to find one i like

First thing i am doing is putting gas hot water in

Was chatting to a guy yesterday who was using it on a first clean opposite one of my jobs and had a go

Lovely seeing steam come off the glass and muck melt off the frames

He was doing a dirty first clean like a maintenance clean as it was so easy

It's worth setting the hot water system daveyboy. Running mine today and no hose freezing up or jets freezing, you can even warm your hands a little when moving the hose or if a customer is chatting away!

I've got a hose set up as well that's like a feed back loop into the tank so I can run the gas and water through to the tank for 2/3mins at the start of the day until the hose is warm and then I know it's good from the first house and if the hose is laid out on the ground with cold water before the warm gets around it could freeze up but no prob if warmed up a bit first.

About 4 or maybe 5 yrs back we had that awful winter where temperatures plunged and ice & snow, I lost a lot of day's work that winter and that's when I got the hot water set up.

Well worth it in my opinion mate.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Where on earth u guys working? Lovely day up in east Lancashire

Looks like the southern boys are getting some of our weather (Yorkshire dales) for a change PMSL .

All I do is work a shorter day and get the trad gear out with the IPA , it's not freezing up here today but wind chill factor as kicked in and feels like low minus,s .

Hope it's a bit warmer tomorrow, got a load of shops, pubs , etc , an early start before the village square gets busy !

Glenn .

I've called it a day too but did manage to get everything done. Would have liked to have done a bit of tomorrow's work but I'm absolutely frozen. I'm in the same town as @daveyboy and today has been bitter. It's strange because there was no frost this morning but the air is frozen. Its been a long time since I've been this cold.

Had no work on today as moved work to organize my round and glad as it was bloody freezing. Had a few plans but spent aged grovelling under van that had sprung a water leak this morning and its right at the back of the block where I can't get to. Need it tomorrow so looks like it's off back to the garage next week.

I gave up today. -4 where I wanted to start so I drove into central Croydon and it was still -2. By the time it got to midday I thought, sod it, I've had enough. I've had water freeze on the windows before, I didn't want to risk that again.

Took out seven barrels of 40 degree water this morning. Lasted till 14.15hrs. Got a nice solid bit of work done but it was bitterly cold and had to drop a bit of salt here and there to stop water freezing on the floor round doorways. Had ice forming around top of the pole behind the brush, but nothing froze up to the point of stopping me working. Big bonus using hot water. Would definitely have been a no go for me today without it.

Cold start in Scotland too. Awaiting van mount set up but no scrims frozen to window today ...every days a winner

First job of the day was a farm house with miles of open space around. Front all done not a problem then went round the back.

Did the top windows no problem then went and tradded the conservatory, I come back to the upstairs Windows to get rid of the last drips and all the water had frozen to the sills.

Then went to use pole again bristles were frozen and my pencil jets turned into fan jets for a few seconds and then froze solid.

So back home after 45 mins work

Done a full day, I was counting the houses down as soon as I started it was that cold /emoticons/sad.png. No frozen hoses but my angle adapter is frozen solid.

Roll on spring :thumbsup:

Did all commercial today. Hit the high st at 9am, then moved onto offices and finished in one of my favs shops, doing inside and out. I dont have any heated water system. Just brought backpack indoors overnight and jobs a goodan

Bring on Spring! /emoticons/tongue.png

This cold weather is :turd:

Done a full day, I was counting the houses down as soon as I started it was that cold /emoticons/sad.png. No frozen hoses but my angle adapter is frozen solid.
Roll on spring :thumbsup:
It's coming tuffers..

6 weeks before Christmas and 6 after are the darkest days for our job. A week Sat is 6 weeks since and spring in my head!

Back