Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facilities Management Quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I’m out later to have a look at a job that is best described as a facilities management quote. It includes looking after the exterior of 7 smallish office buildings in an industrial park

Guttering - checking & clearing gutters/downspouts on a regular basis (cherry picker work)

Building facade - cleaning cladding, windows, doors & signage on a regular basis.

Hard surfaces - maintain parking areas, pavements & building entrances also required to pressure wash all hard surfaces areas on a regular basis.

To be honest it’s a bit out of my league but will put in a price anyway and see what happens.

They just better be sitting down when they read my quote /emoticons/biggrin.png

And before someone mentions that one won't be done for FREE as the missus would kill me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've also arranged for a chap from a cherry picker hire firm to meet up with me onsite tomorrow to conduct a free site survey (risk assesment) so I will know what if any will be the most suitable access platform to hire.

Thanks @norm but to be honest I think I will be wasting my time on that one. After having a look around just now the buildings are in a terrible state which to be honest was no suprise as I got the feeling as the chap keeps chasing me for a price that no one else is interested to do the job. I even asked if he was waiting for other quotes and he said no.

The way I see it the gutters are mostly inaccessible due to access issues like surrounding trees and sloping landscaping even trying to use a large reach cheery picker.

The cladding is very bad and looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in donkey years. Also moss is growing on the lower edge where it joins the curved soffits

Top windows frames & glass are again in a filthy state but also many glass units have oxidation staining from the cladding not to mention alot of operners have the rubber seals hanging down from the frames too.

Stairwell frames and glass are bad to say the least & the lower frames and glass are in a shocking condition too. To wfp that lot is going to be a nightmare to do as access is bad due to all the surounding shrubbery.

The blocked paved parking areas, entrances & paving around the buildings are not too bad compared to the general condition of the buildings.

To be honest that's the sort of job I would be only interested to do at a very silly high price as seems more hassle than it's worth.

A one off clean for that lot is going to run into several thousand of pounds so they would be well and truly smurfed /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be all over that one smurf get in there my son!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its worth a shot smurf. If you charge right, you could probably subcontract, or employ someone to do most of the work for you.

THose windows arent much bigger then some normal domestic windows, so that should be easy enough. THe bonus comes from the fact that you can charge a premium, but you don't have to worry about the driving around and petrol. Quids in matey.

good luck getting that one smurf , theres a lot of work there , as you said if you get your price why not

Probably knows he is going to get a big bill whoever does it maybe worth a big money quote or double @Smurf rate as we know it as:D

Cladding - yes preferably using hot tap water & chems if required to save using huge amounts of pure water that is not really required on cladding cleans.

Upper windows - yes using hot pure water

Full height stairwell frames & windows - yes using hot pure water

Ground floor windows - might just trad instead

Parking areas, paving & entrances - pressure wash

Gutter clearing - cherry picker by hand subject to a site survey being conducted today from the hire firm.

Will you clean it all with WFP smurf

I think they saying goes on here used by some as smurfed:D

To be honest I only want premium priced work now or they can simply try and find someone else to do the job.

I'm sure many on here have underpriced work to get it then end up hate doing the job in the end. I know I have in the past when I first started out but soon wised up.

Probably knows he is going to get a big bill whoever does it maybe worth a big money quote or double @Smurf rate as we know it as:D

I think they saying goes on here used by some as smurfed:D
To be honest I only want premium priced work now or they can simply try and find someone else to do the job.

I'm sure many on here have underpriced work to get it then end up hate doing the job in the end. I know I have in the past when I first started out but soon wised up.
Smurfed it is :thumbsup:

Just a quick update on the cherry picker hire survey...

The chap said I will need a 30 - 35 m truck mount for the reach required. He is going to send me a quote over the next day or so but roughly is going to cost £600 + vat a day including driver/operator + fuel. I will also need to get a truck mount ipaf lic too to go up in the basket with him. So that gutter clearing job is going to cost in the region of £6,000 to do. Thats working out on 2 day's (weekend hire) fuel for the truck and my costs in labour to do the job.

The best bit is the owner of the buildings will have to pay a tree surgon to trim back or chop down all of the trees in the way first :rofl:

so i take you have the contract :laugh: that cherry picker hire is outrageous , i had a 25m c picker out before xmas for a 4 storey gutter clearence and was charged 150 euros for the day , i operated it myself as i had the ticket from my conctruction days

Back