Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Today I went out to do a little collecting, I was having a most pleasant evening as most customers were home when I thought I would drop in on a customer of mine whom is an installer and see how he's doing as he was recently very badly injured on a Solar Panel site..................

...........when a jeep ran over his leg! We are talking whole pinned together hell of a mess situation.

Anyhow he has been working for a company here in UK that has installed 43 massive sites around the country and I of course asked for an introduction to the gaffer, he told me the get approached by windies all the time, but they don't use window cleaners to clean the panels on these solar farms.

The crews that build the frame work for the solar farms are mostly Romainian and as installation has slowed down they now have the Romanians doing the cleaning with a brush (as in sweeping brush) with a rag on the end!

They once had a window cleaner quote £7k of 23'000 panels and got the Romainians doing it for less than a grand, like a team of 10 of them at once organized by a gang boss type.

There's 43 MAJOR sited that will never be touched by window cleaners.

As for domestic installations, as some of you are aware there are companies out there that 'lease' the roof space off of you to install solar panels, you are still the ones responsible for cleaning them however. But wait, these firms then tell the customer the panels are self cleaning so dont worry about it. !! Well there's a bummer.

We also took time to discuss H&S on the sites, unlike the 'facts' that some claim, where you are going to die if you have not had adequate training, he advises me that there is NO CHANCE of electrocution from cleaning a Solar Panel.

Only safety concerns, if a panel is cracked, DONT TOUCH IT.. If you are on a site and the weather turns nasty, GET OFF THE SITE.

So that about covers it. Send in your cheques for £250 and your Certificates, Tee Shirts and Van Stickers will follow in the post, please remember only one per county so first come first served!

(But dont expect me to forward you any jobs on 43 major installations across the UK)

I spoke to a guy who works for a solar panel firm last Wednesday and asked him about safety using wfp on the panels. He replied, where rubber gloves and wellies and get on with it!

There's a lad on here or the other major window forum who does just solar panels (Steve?) he does like 50,0000 or more. He got into it somehow

I agr

There's a lad on here or the other major window forum who does just solar panels (Steve?) he does like 50,0000 or more. He got into it somehow
You haven't been on forums long I take it?

Check the solar panel cleaning forum section, your years behind lol!

Back