Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wet weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

what wet weather gear do most use.I can't seem to find anything 100 percent waterproof
Goretex jacket and trousers, and either sealskin or goretex socks for your feet. As for gloves loads of different ones recommended on here

Well normally I just wear my speedos but some custys are giving me funny looks so i thought I would see what the rest of you guys do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with getting something 100% waterproof is it wont be breathable so you will sweat to death or "boil in the bag"

better off with something more breathable and water resistant and when your wet through and cold you know its time to go home.

If it's not too cold and it is wet i usually work in a tshirt as it driesas quick as it gets wet

I just can't stand being hot and sticky

In light rain wear hoody heavy rain sit in my van I can't be doing with the coats and gloves thing they just get in the way of work

Cold is not an issue

I remember training in Aldershot in deep snow sleeping in just a sleeping bag with just a poncho and bunjees for a roof and one on the ground

Lovely and warm and only in boxers as kit was rolled up in bottom of sleeping bag to avoid getting damp as that's when you get hypothermia

2 royal green jackets on the area next door got carted off by ambulance with hypothermia and they were in cosy tents

The damp is what will get you not the temperature

Cold is not an issueI remember training in Aldershot in deep snow sleeping in just a sleeping bag with just a poncho and bunjees for a roof and one on the ground

Lovely and warm and only in boxers as kit was rolled up in bottom of sleeping bag to avoid getting damp as that's when you get hypothermia

2 royal green jackets on the area next door got carted off by ambulance with hypothermia and they were in cosy tents

The damp is what will get you not the temperature
Been there. /emoticons/smile.png Jock lad next to me was using his gat at a pillow. Cheek froze to it as it was that cold but again in boxers and t-shirt in the gonk bag. It was not good getting dressed for stag after being so warm though. Can still here my teeth chattering 20 years later. /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back