Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does It Worth To Clean A School - If I Have To Spend The Whole Payment On Equipment?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

I was asked by a school manager to give them a quote - it is one clean per year - and after I had a look around I thought to charge 420 per clean.

however - If I take the job - I have to buy an extension for my 25ft Gardiner - as it is a 3 storey building - and I will also need a tank (as right now I use 25L containers) - And because my combo has only a 500 kg Payload - I might need to hire a trailer to stock more water - as I recon I would need few tons ?

does it worth all this hassle ? and money

I would say yes, if I get a job that requires extra tools equipment I would just make sure the job covers the cost of what you need, invest it in & im happy with that as I see it as doing the job for the equipment & then you have it there for any other big jobs that come up

it might be worth it in the long run, you never know what might pop up.

or

do you know anyone that could help you with it or borrow some bits from??

^^^wot they said^^^

, it depends where you see yourself going and if you can cover the equipment cost and have it to hand for anything that may come your way that woulod be good in my eyes

ok thanks - totally agree with the above - as it will fully cover the cost of everything i buy

just don't like the idea - being once a year : )

Agree with the others, think you have to have it in your mindset, that if you invest, you have to push on and proactively seek other work, good luck

Not sure what this was doing in the trad forum!

Moved to the wfp forum, not sure how this one escaped the net!

depends weatehr you can afford to buy the stuff, before the job is done, and once you buy the stuff will it kick start you to get other work

With my school I do inside & out. What I did was got a mate in who has all the wfp gear & we do it together & split the money down the middle. He does outside wfp & I do inside trad. Works well & still earn well out of it.

With my school I do inside & out. What I did was got a mate in who has all the wfp gear & we do it together & split the money down the middle. He does outside wfp & I do inside trad. Works well & still earn well out of it.
would you sign a contract if is one off / once a year clean ? I just have bad exp with commercial - cleaned a hotel with payment overdue up to 2 months - I sent them an email asking if they can pay monthly , after that they never replied and I never cleaned again .

I am just worried - with one off cleans - shall give 'em to sign something ? an agreement / contract ?

cheers

Latest Posts

Back