Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what you reckon?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
I'm down the rugby club and my mate who is a landscape gardener is advertised in the club handbook and fixture list

35 quid a year and he gets no end of work from it

I reckon it's worth it for 35 notes a year

Anyone else use local mags etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, well worth it, i advertise in a local magazine called the Village Voice and i'm the only windie in the magazine along with my son in law who is a painter and decorator, always getting inquiries. People like to use locals from the village.

I'm gonna do it..plus he is in the parish mag and can get me in that also

He is a local from the village whereas i am in the town next door albeit on the outskirts so only 1/2 a mile for me to be in the village

I use to be in the great ashby local one years ago which was good and brought work in but I have done some which were rubish.

Look at where and how they distribute them.

For £35. It's well werth a go for the year.

I use to always ask job enquiries were they got my details from to gauge what advertising was working.

The rugby one and parish mag is for datchworth area

Lots of good money jobs round there

Picked up 2 from people watching the England game last night which is what got us talking about the mag

I took a full page ad in our local mag.

Cost £180. He reckoned it would be delivered to 10'000 residential addresses.

I got a total of 6 enquiries and just 4 jobs from it one of which was a one off.

I have honestly had more customers than that sign up over facebook this weekend alone.

Still you can waste £35 to buy a round of beer so why not try it?

Back