Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water usage

Depends on the property size, and if they have a big conny on the back etc, but for me 20 houses (a mix of average sized and upto 5/6 bed detached) uses about 400/500 litres, flow rate something around 2 litres per min I like to work with.

I hear some on here can get through 1000+ litres on less than 20 houses, I think @noddy was the last bloke to mention he did.

Can't be doing a very good job then
Bit of a harsh comment when you don't know me and how I work. We all work differently to achieve what we want. If all of my clients are happy then I'm happy. I work very hard, I don't stop for teas and coffees or lunch. And really thought that I was quite average to how many I do in a day.

Using 5 litres per home on average personally for me anyway I can't see how it can be done to a high standard, frames, ledges connies, doors etc.

Maybe put up video on how you do that as I think alot of people here would be intrested to see how you do that.

I personally love my trigger and think it saves me loads of water! but I need to do a proper test(gona get a go pro and start doing some vids)

I make sure I get all the air bubbles out and then set the controller to level 20 out of 99. When I pull the trigger the pressure is well high for about 5 seconds and then is average after that. on a maintenance clean I pull the trigger for about 2 seconds to wet the top of the window and then clean downwards. By then the pressure is backed up again and I rinse for about 5 seconds or more depending on the size of the window.

The way I see it, after you have done one house your brush is soaked with water so the above works well, and the high pressure easily blasts away those annoying sticky tree/leafy bits!

I use about 25l a house. Big houses though. Each will take an hour give or take.

Assuming your minimum price is the same as mine.....£10. And your working 5 days a week, then your weekly gross is on average £2250 !The tax man must love you..
Taking into account the current daylight hours approx 8 hours, 45 homes solo is some claim using 5 litres of water per one which includes rinsing, without any traveling time taken into account, thats a shade over 10 mins per home flat out, which needs to include getting stuff out and back in the van per job, knocking and collecting money if he does that or posting a card if they pay online etc. Seems a little unachievable to me unless the 45 homes each day are a long row of terraces or small homes on the same street or 2.

45 houses in one day cannot be an average surely

Years ago I used to do a day of back to back terraces no moving van and I think I prob did 40 but it was a pain collecting etc

spruce always has loads of info must add recently been thiking so much has to be said for hose management

so much time lost faffing around with hoses

Taking into account the current daylight hours approx 8 hours, 45 homes solo is some claim using 5 litres of water per one which includes rinsing, without any traveling time taken into account, thats a shade over 10 mins per home flat out, which needs to include getting stuff out and back in the van per job, knocking and collecting money if he does that or posting a card if they pay online etc. Seems a little unachievable to me unless the 45 homes each day are a long row of terraces or small homes on the same street or 2.
your batting on 10mins a house

i was getting abit worried about how much water i was using. i just cleaned my own house which too be fair probably hasn't had a w/c for 10 years. Does anyone notice underneath the sills where the window hasn't been opened to be really dirty? water was literally coming out black.I used 25 ltrs on a 2 bed house.

I was going to speak to Gardiners about whether a stop valve would shut the pump off on the backpack.

I've only got a people carrier so not sure how much water i can get in the boot. How much do you think i can get away with?

spruce always has loads of info must add recently been thinking so much has to be said for hose managementso much time lost faffing around with hoses
This is the main reason why my son prefers to work using his backpack as apposed to his hose reel. He does get going much quicker than I do pulling my hose out, but he is slower on each window as his rinse flow is much less. He also looses time refilling his backpack.

Agh.. just realised they are 22 litre, that more manageable on your back, only hulk Hogan could do 50l me thinks
I would never use a backpack on my back

Either put it on a small collapsible trolley like wagga or carry it

If you do the fronts first then the backs you are only carrying a half full backpack round the back

You soon get used to how much water you use and would put what you need in it for the job you're doing

I timed myself today for the first time. a 3 bed semi. from getting out the van to getting back in again

Total time 22 mins for approx 15 ltrs

Hose got snagged 3 times on water butt tap, tree roots and garden furniture. and I have to trad the front door coz it leaks if WFPeed also had to ladder up on to a flat roof for one window that cant be reached from ground level.

I recon shave 5 to 7 mins off if no hose snags, tradding front doors or laddering on to flat roofs.

I use 200ish ltrs on 25-30 customers, not all mine are front and back.

When someone says 45 custies or properties it doesn't mean it's the whole house, as long as not Victorian terrace if it's housing association two up two downs then anyone here would **** 45 fronts with only 200 ltrs so just seeing numbers means nothing it also does not mean that person is on 2k per week lol

I would never use a backpack on my backEither put it on a small collapsible trolley like wagga or carry it

If you do the fronts first then the backs you are only carrying a half full backpack round the back

You soon get used to how much water you use and would put what you need in it for the job you're doing
davey dont think it would be possible some weight 20l water 7hrs dont think so

Water is 1kilo for 1 litre

You think I'm carrying 22kilos on my back it ain't happening

I would have no strength left for the gym lol

Back