Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pricing for a guttering job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

Tony Hall

Hi Guys,

I need some advice on pricing a job that I had emailed this morning, the only thing I've been told is that it's a 3 bedroom detached house and have no other details. I'll be using a Sky Vac and generator, does anyone have any ideas as they never rang or left a number just a email through my website. I live in the Wiltshire area.

Any idea's all ?

Thanks.

With no other details I'd say £120 mate. Hard to price it but at least it will be worth your while. Could say to them if it takes less time you'll knock a bit off (up to £20)

Hi Guys,
I need some advice on pricing a job that I had emailed this morning, the only thing I've been told is that it's a 3 bedroom detached house and have no other details. I'll be using a Sky Vac and generator, does anyone have any ideas as they never rang or left a number just a email through my website. I live in the Wiltshire area.

Any idea's all ?

Thanks.
I'd email back and get the address, name and phone number before I went any further. It could be a competitor trying to find out how much you charge just to give him an idea of the going rate. I've had plenty of 'vague' emails asking how much for this and how much for that. I've also had plenty who leave their number and you call them and it goes to answerphone and they never ring back.

Was it a enquiry just for gutter clearing then? Personally I'd ask for the address and either go look or check out on google maps, I charge about 25 a side on a standard house for a general clear out with skyvac, extra if there are blocked downpipes. Why would you be using a generator? Just use the customers power? Less disturbing on estates too and cheaper.

I've had loads of enquires recently half soaked types, I just spit a price out on the higher side, most don't follow through. The keen ones are chatty and forth coming and want a date booked, usually asap

You need to make sure there's no mesh guards in the gutters or hedgehogs (not the animal lol) otherwise you will under price it I never price jobs up without seeing it unless they send photos with description of what's what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the advice I read Jimroot's advice and sent in a quote of £100 and I've not heard back yet but I'll update you all if I do. I use the Genny when no one is going to be there, some people want money knocked off because you use their electric.

Back