Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which system is the best?

chris25

Hi everyone!

I'm considering buying the wfp and it will my first system.

I am thinking about Unger hydropower system because I need to produce water on a site and need wfp system couple of times a week(not everyday)

What poles and brush do you recommend?

I do residential houses for most of the time.

In my area tds meter shows 350.

What do you think about it?

Thanks!

You will need an ro as well with a TDS that high, or you'll burn through resin so quickly its stupid. As for poles its best to invest in a good pole. 99% of people on here will scream to get a Gardiner's pole, but there are other suppliers too. I'd recommend either a hybrid or carbon fibre one. I use a 27ft water genie barracuda hybrid pole and can't fault it at all. As for brushes I will say the Gardiners will brush I have now is spot on. As for making water onsite, I'd suggest you get at least a backpack, make your water at home and use Jerry cans

so there's no chance to use some kind of RO system with Unger Hydropower at the same time on a site?

Only purified water produced at home and took on a site?

Baracuda seems a good product!

Cheers!

Agree with Clisty! For your minimal use , a backpack, small RO unit through DI tank ,and jugs is the way . And that way if you then wanna upgrade to a van system, then you already got the RO and DI . I run a gardiner slx 22 with 2 extra extended pieces in van for higher jobs. I'm a vanmount guy now.

I've seen these water genie backpacks for as little as 80 pounds.

Hi guys, I like your replies so now I'm thinking about this one, what do you think?

I can always buy RO system as well but for now especially if I need WFP occasionally it seems to be a good solution.

Trolleys with DI filter

Cheers

PS.

I'm thinking about Gardiner pole but lately I found that company Reach-it, have you ever tried that one here in UK?

Hi guys, I like your replies so now I'm thinking about this one, what do you think?I can always buy RO system as well but for now especially if I need WFP occasionally it seems to be a good solution.

Trolleys with DI filter

Cheers

PS.

I'm thinking about Gardiner pole but lately I found that company Reach-it, have you ever tried that one here in UK?
That's a lot of money for occasional use, get an ro, small di vessel and backpack, few cans and it'll save you at least 50%

Never used Gardiners however everyone on here loves them. As for reach it, I've heard of them, but they a bit pricey if I remember correctly. As I said water genie poles are good too. Both the cleaning warehouse and Gardiners have great customer service as well

Hi chris I have just taken out a 250 litre system out of a van it has a 200 gpd ro system with triple di 100 meter of microbore on a reel and I aiso have a 27 clx was lf your intrest ed pm me .

Hi Chris, welcome!! I'm part time - work 2-3 days a week for 4 hours per day at the most. I had the same thoughts as you when I first started WFP and wasted a lot of money trying to do it cheap. The best advice I can offer is get the best kit you can from the off. If you can harvest rainwater then do that while you are setting up. My TDS is pretty similar to yours so went for a 4040 self build RO within a couple of months (my rainwater lasted just long enough!!). I too researched Reach-it, nice looking poles but try and buy one! - i went for Gardiner stuff in the end - mainly due to their reviews and superb customer service. In answer to your initial question - which system is best........ you'll get twenty different answers on here, you need to decide if you can self build a system first and take it from there. If I could start again I would spend a week with green pro to get the business attitude sorted, drive my nice shiney new van to grippatank and let them deal with it!!! I honestly think I would have saved a couple of grand doing it that way and ended up with a better system and a bigger round!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

eec29fc649e534e21976eef006a7aafb.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

it depends if you plan on growing and increase your workload in regards of wfp work. I would say set your budget and then buy within that. Growth can be quite quick which i found out. If i had of known, i would of bought a 40/40 system with booster pump from day one. Saves man hours in long run.

it depends if you plan on growing and increase your workload in regards of wfp work. I would say set your budget and then buy within that. Growth can be quite quick which i found out. If i had of known, i would of bought a 40/40 system with booster pump from day one. Saves man hours in long run.

Hi guys, I like your replies so now I'm thinking about this one, what do you think?I can always buy RO system as well but for now especially if I need WFP occasionally it seems to be a good solution.

Trolleys with DI filter

Cheers

PS.

Way over priced you are wasting your money if you buy that trolley £718.00 , You could set up a diy van mount for that kind of money

Back