Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Recommend A Belt?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

ive been using an old belt i have but it comes loose after wearing it a while and been looking at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181156551157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 but im only a 32 inch waste this starts at 35 inches, then i was looking at the unger belt but its like £14 and doesnt look anything special, all i have is an unger bucket on a belt and two pouches for wet and dry rags.

anyone got any recommendations, i just want something sturdy quick release and cheapish!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got an Unger one and can't go wrong with it but got a cheaper one as well which does the job. Any weight on that one though and the quick release buckle can come open at the slightest touch. Couple of quid though worth a punt I'd say.

cheers mate,whys the unger one so much more as it justs looks like any other black nylon belt but with an unger badge!

would you say its worth spending the money on an unger one,everything else in my arsenal is unger!

cheers pal,i swear when i looked at that belt the other day on wintecs it was £14,thats why i was looking elsewhere!!!!

gonna get it ordered now, but one final question, i have the unger 18litre bucket but need a lid for it and wintecs only list a lid for the bigger bucket,anyone got a link or know where i can get hold of one?

There is a good reason why one is more expensive than the other.

The dearer one is made from a more rigid/stronger material and has 2 loops/holders...this belt doesn't sag...I have one :Image7: .

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=75_184&product_id=247&Itemid=73

The cheaper one is NOT made of the same material....... this belt is not as rigid and sags...my mate has one :Image6: .

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=75_184&product_id=250&Itemid=73

Just get a webbing belt from any army surplus shop.Had mine for the last 8 years and still fine

hi guys,i ordered the cheap unger belt!

thought id give it a go for £7 and its unger,they dont usually sell ****?

still struggling with the bucket lid though,those ones you guys posted i'd already seen and they say theyre for the 28 ltr bucket,mines the smaller 18ltr bucket and i dont think they do a lid unless anyone can point one out?

still struggling with the bucket lid though,those ones you guys posted i'd already seen and they say theyre for the 28 ltr bucket,mines the smaller 18ltr bucket and i dont think they do a lid unless anyone can point one out?
Don't think Unger make a lid for the 18ltr bucket....and I'm not sure if any lid from other makes will fit the Unger.

Don't think Unger make a lid for the 18ltr bucket....and I'm not sure if any lid from other makes will fit the Unger.
Why not would of been a good idea lol.

Sorry about editing your post ment to quote you...

Got fat fingers latly plus on my phone...

I only have about 2 or 3 inches pf water in my bucket - never splashes. As for a belt, I don't use one! I have one of those clip things climbers use and I just clip my boab onto work trousers and use pockets for cloths /emoticons/smile.png

Someone told me to put a cloth in the water and it stops it from splashing. Never tried it though.
Yup, that should work.

I use the Unger 28ltr bucket which is usually half full.....I leave my applicator in the water and this stops the water from splashing about. Van floor is always dry :Image9: .

Back