Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trials and tribulations of door knocking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been up there many times. Be colder than a witches tit up there now. Brrrrrr. Burger van at the bottom though!

What's the other peak? Lots of the Brecon Beacons are like being on the moon. Good for raves. Not great for window cleaning.

Is that doable? What if the traffic's bum on the m6? Have you done this then? I'm impressed!

When I get one it's a £20 clean or thereabouts, so they add up quick. Gonna try somewhere real remote tomorrow, capel y fin, bang in the middle of the mountains. Can't be a windy there yet.Boar city, thatcher sold all the council houses round here! My teeth match the part though. Leopard skin teeth.
post up a foto of your leopard skin teeth sometime !

Is that doable? What if the traffic's bum on the m6? Have you done this then? I'm impressed!
We did it through the gym

Was a firm who supplied transport and all logistical stuff for £230 each if i remember right

Is driveable in about 10 hours

Going to have to start door knocking in the new year, i really really dont want to....scared to death lol haha

I have just started window cleaning around my part time jobm ive had pdale up canvassing a few weeks ago so just struggling though first cleans, cancellations and what no at the minute, but come new year i know im going to have to be pro active or undo the hard work or money ive invested.

Its so hard trying to start this business, but i just cant live on minimum wage and provide my family the life they deserve so im going to have to do this, i feel like a right ****** knocking on people doors!

Yeah I no how you feel, I dont want to do it, but I think window cleaning is a job where your expected to door knock as its a home base job and your customers are there and you quote at the home, if none of us went out the public would have to come looking for us, millions of people have them done so its not liek your doing religious door knocking or hard sales gas etc, its just the windy, offering a service people like and many take. I find it hard to take people just never clean their windows and the state of them, it gives you a bad reputation in my mind, some houses are scummy, I could not live like that.

I conduct my work in north kent:) busy area, but also quiet parts, nice looking out on the sea when working.

I would expect form knocking 50 doors a day for a week to get at least 8 custys, any less then thats soul destroying. Just have to find a street, I am going round all where I have got clients, as they are free others could be too.

Lol - wow long time. I have had three knock in last two years.

Anyway up and at it tomorrow will report how it goes, cheers for all your input guys, newbies really do need this advice/ideas. /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back