Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP on Aluminium frames??

Clearview Lee

Just picked a job up today, that i'm going to clean next week....

The owner has said the last firm said they wouldn't touch it because of the aluminium frames!??

I've never heard of this before, and I don't think I've even cleaned a house with Aluminium frames either.

Cheers!

He might not be happy, and do Jiu Jitsu on me. [emoji1][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. Just remember to shout 'fire'! People are more likely to help if you shout fire instead of ' rape'.:thumbsup:

As poles apart mentioned, if the powder coating on the Ali frames has perished, it can take a few cleans to stop the Milky effect to stop washing down the glass.

The way to check if its going to be a pain, is to wet the tip of your finger and drag it on the frame. If your finger is chalky white, be prepared to rinse,rinse, rinse

If they are powder coated and you trad it smears white all over
If you wipe the frame then trad the glass you can't get smears over it as the frame doesn't come in to the equation

As poles apart mentioned, if the powder coating on the Ali frames has perished, it can take a few cleans to stop the Milky effect to stop washing down the glass.The way to check if its going to be a pain, is to wet the tip of your finger and drag it on the frame. If your finger is chalky white, be prepared to rinse,rinse, rinse
If the frames are chalkey as super Steve says i find quick spray of ubik or other cleaner and then scrub and rinse takes all the oxidised muck off it and then wfp as normal

I tend to scrub then as i rinse run the brush across the top just touching the top rubber or frame edge then rinse the rest as normal ..that will stop any spotting from the top frame

Only got one on the round. I turn the flow up and rinse twice.second time keeping away from the top frame. Seams to be getting less each time as well.

As poles apart mentioned, if the powder coating on the Ali frames has perished, it can take a few cleans to stop the Milky effect to stop washing down the glass.The way to check if its going to be a pain, is to wet the tip of your finger and drag it on the frame. If your finger is chalky white, be prepared to rinse,rinse, rinse
That is correct

Back