Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best van to choose ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What I'm getting in 5/6yrs time- Ford Transit/Vauxhall Vivaro SWB.

I got an 08 Peugeot Partner right now & that's fine with a 350L cube tank (might be able to get upright 400 in) but I sure would love to have the extra space to hang poles up, bung in more gutter cleaning gear & potential hot water system. Only disadvantage would increased difficulty loading ladders.

im having the same problem at the mo, i sold my old transit swb as it was too high getting ladders on and off,and now im looking for a new van as its time to build a system inside but i'll still be doing trad work so need to get the ladders off easily and its either an astra van but not sure the weight will be legal with a 300 litre tank in the back? ir go for a patner/berlingo as i used to be a peugeot mechanic and know these in and out and roof night just be high enough for ladders or a combo or connect but ive only got a grand max as i need some for system bits so not sure on them with the money i got!

im going nuts trying to work it out lol

I was after a VW Caddy or Transit Connect at first. Glad I didn't as I think they are too small. I ended up getting a Citroen Dispatch 2008. It has 3 seats, plenty of room in the back, 2 side doors, low enough to lift ladders off, but you have to stand on the door opening to strap them on and it carries 900kg or there abouts. I love it.

I'd buy another or the Peugeot Expert.

i did think about the expert actually, good little vans and like you say not too high but my budget i could only go for an old one and they really are looking dated now compared to the new ones!

rebuilt my first gearbox on an expert actually when i was 19 or 20 lol

Its a difficult choice to make, today i was looking and had it down to 3, the ford transit connect, peugeot expert or partner

I have a Primastar lwb and swb, easy too get ladders on and off, got a 600 l tank in my lwb, had no issues with either apart from usual running stuff.

Its a difficult choice to make, today i was looking and had it down to 3, the ford transit connect, peugeot expert or partner
transit connect 100% i used to have one and loved it i ever go back to medium sized vans that defo what i'd have, fords run forever cheap for parts etc

Thanks. I think the primastar is a size too big. With the connect being so popular i was wondering about parts being cheap for it if anything goes wrong

Citreon dispatch. Has 2 side loading doors, my tank 400l and I carry ladders one 55 plate.

The new shape vans I think carry a bit more weight. Rjs

I was after a VW Caddy or Transit Connect at first. Glad I didn't as I think they are too small. I ended up getting a Citroen Dispatch 2008. It has 3 seats, plenty of room in the back, 2 side doors, low enough to lift ladders off, but you have to stand on the door opening to strap them on and it carries 900kg or there abouts. I love it.
I'd buy another or the Peugeot Expert.
tuffers what size tank have you got in your dispatch mate

Yes mate, some days it's just above the outlet though. I was going to get a 250 first then I thought a 350, but saw the 500 on fleabay for just over £100 so got that.

Back