Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaky Conservatory!!!

Parky

I went and priced up a house on Friday for a friend of a Friend.

She asked me if I could do her conservatory roof. Agreed a price.

I've just text all my customers for tomorrow and got this from her?

"Will do Ian. The conservatory roof is leaking so be careful along the joints and the far right corner as you're looking into the house /emoticons/smile.png "

What shall I do? I was planning on WFP it?

Still very new to all this. My reputation is really important to me. Obviously I don't want to flood the gaff, but want to make a few quid if possible.

Would turning down the pressure on my brush help?

Should I tell her I'll do my best to minimise leaking?

I wish she'd told me on Friday when I went round?

I had this once. Customer was a young couple with young kids. First window cleaner they had. Cleaned windows WFP and then really old wood cony roof. Just got carried away asuming in was water tight. Not until I nearly finished did i realise that there were leakes. They didn't say a thing and paid, but regardless to say I never heard from them again. (funny thing is I do a few in their estate and they have had no one since)

Edit. To be honest I think it was a budget problem on their part.

Just sent her this

"Ok. Are you still ok for me to do it? I'll try my very best and keep any leaks to a minimum but I can't promise?"

Just sent her this
"Ok. Are you still ok for me to do it? I'll try my very best and keep any leaks to a minimum but I can't promise?"
According to the internet @Parky if she arches her back and keeps the pelvic reigon elevated this will help reduce leakage. /emoticons/tongue.png

Clenaing a leaky conservatory is like making love to a beautiful woman....... /emoticons/wink.png

Damp with various holes :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Hi Parky,

If I am made aware that the roof is leaking before starting then I wouldn't touch it with WFP bud.

It needs repairing, not cleaning, and using WFP will not only leak where there is already a problem but might find other problem areas too.

If you have to do it I would do your best with a dolly, squeegee and trad pole (that's how I started cleaning them ;-) )

Cheers, Mike

Back