Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

complaint wfp

tench0771

just had a fone call from a custmer of 1.5 years asking if i clean her fraims and sills with wfp i said yes ,she then said well there black even the bottom ones wich i dry with a scrim after ive cleaned them ,she was irate on the fone she asked her mum if her's were the same with she replied no im very happy:confused: , she said to me well we will c how it goes i said maby u should find a trad cleaner:D she then said ok i will and that was that lol :rofl:,the house is upvc windows i no i do a good job ,she said when i first took her on that she had a trad cleaner abd he just stoped coming,alarm bells she said he used to tred on her plants and leve ladder marks on her lawn:rolleyes: , she also tryed to haggle me down on price she i said £23 she said does that include the conny roof :rolleyes: bla bla bla good ridens i say silly mare :balloondance:

O well tench good riddance

I lost first customer in a long time this week

Got someone else cos I not been since 6th June ( been busy with big jobs so got bit behind )

Cleaned for them 10 years

They have my number but didn't ring just got someone else - *******

I bet they wanted trad or cheaper quote that's real reason

yea some ant wrth it this lady was a blady pxxxiss taker there minted they have a huge caravan with a romete controle to drive it in there drive lol and still try's to knock the price down:rolleyes: i gave her a good price as well that size house i usly charge £30 in a different area were most of my work is the funny thing it she has 3 windows over the conny and the front is high as fk all i can say is good luck finding a trad wc:D and finding a cheeper price:rofl:

just had a fone call from a custmer of 1.5 years asking if i clean her fraims and sills with wfp i said yes ,she then said well there black even the bottom ones wich i dry with a scrim after ive cleaned them ,she was irate on the fone she asked her mum if her's were the same with she replied no im very happy:confused: , she said to me well we will c how it goes i said maby u should find a trad cleaner:D she then said ok i will and that was that lol :rofl:,the house is upvc windows i no i do a good job ,she said when i first took her on that she had a trad cleaner abd he just stoped coming,alarm bells she said he used to tred on her plants and leve ladder marks on her lawn:rolleyes: , she also tryed to haggle me down on price she i said £23 she said does that include the conny roof :rolleyes: bla bla bla good ridens i say silly mare :balloondance:
Why are you scrimming windows downstairs????

Why are you scrimming windows downstairs????
I understood that he wipes (dries) the bottom cills with a scrim @Poles Apart . We do that as well to remove any little bits that are left behind. To keep cloths as dry as we can in winter we blade the excess water off the cills with a squeegee. I have a cut down one that we used to use for Georgian windows in the good old trad days.

No matter who we are @tench0771, we will all have customers where our 'face doesn't fit'. Some will tolerate us until what they see as a better option comes around. I'm sure most of us have experienced that. All you can do is act in a professional manner and move on without taking it personally. Provided you have done a good job, it's their problem, not yours. I don't want their 'monkey'.

In our area we are up against a perceive value for window cleaning. That value hasn't changed in the last 10 years. If your price is higher than their perceived cleaning value then they will begrudge paying the extra. That begrudged attitude will come out in many different ways, one of them being complaints about quality and/or speed of cleaning. Sooner or later the 'relationship' will end. "Thank you for your past custom" is how I end the final conversation and walk away smiling.

What I can't understand is why they see trad as better than wfp. As a home owner/tenant would I like my privacy invaded by the window cleaner staring into my bedrooms each time he cleans the windows upstairs? When we had a trad windie in the early days, the two ladder holes in the front garden used to irritate me and I used to fill them in with soil. The windie told me not to do that as it was his way of making his ladder safe. Fair enough, but that still didn't make me less irritated every time I saw those holes in the front garden.

-

Here's an experience of ours of how things can change behind the scenes.

Sometimes things change at home and we get involved unknowingly. We cleaned a house for years without issue. Husband and wife are in partnership in business together as well. Then the wife left him and bought her own house. The separation wasn't amicable.

She asked us to clean her windows. So we cleaned both houses for about a year after that. As he was never in she paid for both cleans. He employed a house keeper somewhere along the line who came in and did some cleaning. One day we cleaned she was there and paid us. (At the time I thought it was odd, but we have had it happen after that in another instance.)

After cleaning her house shortly after this, I unwittingly said that Andrew's cleaner was in when we cleaned his home and that she paid us, so it was just her clean she needed to pay for. She obviously didn't know he had a cleaner; not that it was any of her business anyway. The next clean we did at ex husbands house was the last clean as our services were positively terminated. We were blamed for a streak we left on one window 2 cleans back, but it was more likely the reason that he didn't want his ex wife to be told of his private life by the mutual window cleaners.

We don't clean either of their houses now even although I have done business (van related) with them since then.

-

I would have been more diplomatic and driven back round there and asked 'show me these black window frames' Then if she has something to show you obviously you need to put it right, if she can't then I would have just said 'best we leave it luv, people like you don't fit our customer profile anyway'. Then say no more, leaves them wondering for weeks.......... 'what did he mean 'customer profile?'

Messes with their melons!! /emoticons/smile.png)

There are enough good customers out there

Old trad boy has just sadly died so I'm picking up his work

Just today got a £20 at 8 weeks WFP that he was doing £10 monthly

i scrim bottom windows so there dry and clean she said all the sills and fraims were black i no they wernt as i cleaned them lmfao she is just being a funny bugger maby time of the month or something /emoticons/biggrin.png she said she had to hang out the window and clean the sills ,i cleaned them like 4 weeks ago and she payed me the next day and now i get this call very strange how can the botton fraims and sills be black as i wiped them with a scrim after i cleaned them they were spotless!! the top bay i could maby under stand as i cant c it from the ground but the bottom no way lol:rolleyes:

if i get a compliant i insist on seeing it irl, if they dont want that they are only complaining for the sake of it. they maybe had a rough day and someone needs to be "yelled" at, the windowcleaner is an easy target then.

I had a complaint that ended in me getting red card went like this

picked up call from this guy was cancelling his contract with me cleaning his windows but also because he pays top flat lost that as well.

ok thats the jist of it cleaned these windows ten years now

It was the new lad who cleaned them. So back of my mind was the guy was a doylum and pain in arxse,my plan was to take the three off us check the windows if they are **** hands up fair enough

but if they are perfect then the guys can learn gd lesson that not everyone honest and genuine

we arrived on job checked all windows ... and yeh as expected perfect so the customer had to be told

so the lesson is not everyone is honest, always go back and check your graft

Latest Posts

Back