Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boab mod (idea for boarcity)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Pickingpaul

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ul1sLLNl84[/media]

Hi, boarcity did a thread on his zip tie boab mod for hanging an additional squeegee, ive been doing this for quite some time with jubilee clips, the ones in the video on the ninja bucket have been there for over six months and show no real signs that they wont be there for a long time to come, the one n the green has been there longer but i dont use that anymore.

I accidentally finished the video too soon, but i was only going to put the 18" squeegee i. The spx double holster, which i highly recommend by the way.

Not in the slightest, because the rubber doesn't touch any part of the metal jubilee clip

great ! i will be using that idea very soon i reckon/ maybe thread a short piece of rubber pipe over the jubilee to soften the touch

When i first did it i didnt think it would cause trouble like scratches and knocks and it doesnt, imagine when u go to pickup the squeegee resting in the jubilee clip u just grab the channel really and lift it up like that, i never to my knowledge touch the jubliee clip really, its not an issue, if it was causing any trouble u can cover it as boarcity suggested, but its not caused me any problems.

A big clip like this costs 2 for a quid so its worth the gamble fellas /emoticons/wink.png

If u put a 10"+ in there it can get caught on ur trousers as u walk far, its fine for around a property or to next door ect, the small one wont ever get in ur way

It might get stuck on my leg sometimes because of the way i Modify the channels though.

its a bloomin good idea , no doubt about ito_O

i actually got rid of my cable tie idea for 2 reasons

1-as i thought it might snag on something when at the top of my ladder

2 - the squeegee swivelled in it, as it was too flexible

If u put a 10"+ in there it can get caught on ur trousers as u walk far, its fine for around a property or to next door ect, the small one wont ever get in ur way
It might get stuck on my leg sometimes because of the way i Modify the channels though.
eh we are still talking window cleaning arent we :eek:

Back