Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Here's one for Smurfs H&S advisory committee................

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't see much wrong with it part from ladder postponing!deaveyboy my bro is a roofer and he walks on roofs worse than that!like he said if you followed all the regs you would never get owt done

And if you don't follow the regs you can end up brown bread fella

I know some of them are stupid but most make sense if you think about them

Too many people were getting dead or worse crippled for life and needing someone else to wipe their **** for them so they had to introduce some standards for people to follow

Some roofers are sensible and know what they are doing as your brother probably is but some have no idea which is who the regs are aimed at

And if you don't follow the regs you can end up brown bread fellaI know some of them are stupid but most make sense if you think about them

Too many people were getting dead or worse crippled for life and needing someone else to wipe their **** for them so they had to introduce some standards for people to follow

Some roofers are sensible and know what they are doing as your brother probably is but some have no idea which is who the regs are aimed at
I agree I think when it's your business we have to make them decisions and I certainly wouldn't ask my workers to do owt like that!!!

But I must admit over the years I have prob takin risks I shouldn't have lol

Im currently putting us through are fall arrest training lanyard and harness training and scissor and boom due to a national solar panel cleaning contract on industrial roofs SORRY solar Steve

I have just put through a scope of work and God the health and safety working for company's like this unreal

One thing I don't get is how some cleaning company's get away with subbing say solar cleaning out???how do they no the work is being done safely with the proper training in place?

Surely it could come back on the company subbing the work out?

That's why you need to spend your money to get a tshirt and certificate that says you have been trained lol

Haha if only it was that easy

Let's say for all those that will attend that course and get a certificate and t shirt then sub out if something was to happen or go wrong surely that would come back on the company

Reason I ask is the company I have been dealing have insisted the work isn't subbed out.

It's been beer o clock since about 1pm mate

I'm now on the 7.6% polish beer now I'm out the pub....good job I'm not up till 9 tomorrow

Got a quieter day now since i got ahead friday so i can hit the door knocking

I am blessed as i don't get hangovers

Wife says you feeling ok this morning

Yes why

You bastad after last night you deserve to be ill for a week

Heehee

Back