Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner quick release system

windyman

Hi,

Getting a new SLX or CLX soon, they now have the 'quick release' top section, so u can remove gooseneck and brush and swap with another easily. Sounds great but I was wondering....

How secure is the John Guest fitting that connects your 2 bits of pole hose (from brush to pole hose)?

I often tread on the bottom of my pole hose or it gets caught on a bush or something, would this not disconnect the hose inside the pole? Meaning I'd have to put pole down, take out gooseneck and re-connect?

Maybe not..but ur experiences welcome please...

I have a Gardiners Super Max and never has the fitting disconnected even with getting pole hose caught treading on it etc. it's a secure push fitting you couldn't pull it out without releasing the ring that grips the hose.

Yea mate the ring is inside the fitting that grips the hose. To release the grip on the hose you push back a collar on the fitting. Very much the same as push fit fittings you see on 15mm plastic pipe

Back